1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2016 Week 1 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Aug 29, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

All right, in real terms of this weekend, what are we thinking happens in JerryWorld?

I'm saying Alabama 38, USC 17.

I would have liked to see Tide vs. Stanford last year, but I don't think that would have worked out in the Pac-12's favor either.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

USC 24, Alabama 20

Plus/Minus on the minutes they spend talking about USC/Kiffin divorce?

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Sixteen-ounce cans of Miller Lite get the ever-lovin' shit sold out of 'em ...

LongTimeListener likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

14 straight. That’s how many season openers the Crimson Tide have won since losing to UCLA to open up the 2001 campaign. Since taking over the reins, Nick Saban has been amazing when it comes to opening up the season, taking care of Wisconsin last year, West Virginia in 2014, Virginia Tech in 2013 and Michigan in 2012 all by double digits – the Crimson Tide know how to load up against the big boys out of the gate.

Alabama vs. USC Game Preview & Fearless Prediction

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Wait, no talk about the Fightin' Falwells opening against the Fightin' Fuentes on Frank Beamer Way?

Alma likes this.
  6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

LOL

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You people down there have horrible taste in beer.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Max Browne builds on the Heisman legacy of Cody Kessler.

JackReacher and Songbird like this.
  9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"Over the past "decade" (since 2006), the SEC is 12-6 vs. the Pac-12. SEC is 6-1 since Auburn's BCS title win over Oregon."

I have 10-6, must have missed two games. Of those 16 games I counted, only four were at Pac-12 stadiums. Of the last seven you refer to since Auburn beat Oregon, I think only one (LSU @ Washington) was at a Pac-12 venue.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I hope West By God scores 709 against Missouri......and with Holgersen, he will sure as shit try.

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I'll be looking for something different. Do they still sell Billy Beer or Lone Star?? I remember Pearl not being awful. I hope enough Dos Equis gets across the border before the wall goes up.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted