1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Maybe they're all wrong, but I would say this goes to the heart of the support:

cranberry likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Maybe I just went to oddball churches growing up, but they always taught our hope was in God and not government.

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  3. YankeeFan

No. Why would he?

We see this all the time. Unions and management. Republican and Democratic lawmakers. You sit down, and look for areas of agreement. You get to know each other. You build trust.

Contentious issues aren't brought up in an introductory meeting. It grinds everything to a halt.

4. YankeeFan

I don't think God gets involved in SCOTUS picks or legislation.

5. YankeeFan

Imagine if US negotiators had declared in the first meeting with Iran that we would never pay ransom to free our citizens held by Iran.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm not sure YF ever answered @Double Down's question about whether he was concerned that Trump strongly hinted that he encouraged some of his paramours to get abortions in the swingin' '70s.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Because if the core foundation of your immigration policy - if not your entire damn campaign - is how you're going to deport them all, you say that Mexico only sends the worst of the worst and that the country is our enemy you look like a coward when you cross the border and praise the Mexican immigrants and brag about how many work for you.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A higher percentage of Americans polled by Gallup than ever before report they are personally thriving. The idea that Obama, a cheerful optimist by nature (almost all pols are) has beaten the country about its faults is a right-wing fantasy. Which candidate is describing America as a hell hole? Hint: name begins with T.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Oh, good. I was worried this country might run out of ignorant morons.

10. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Obama a cheerful optimist? Sure okay

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You didn't notice the asterisk on Luke 1:37?

For with God nothing shall be impossible.*

* - But only if the right person is in the White House

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You have to be pretty optimistic to become the first African American President of the United States. But there's no point in arguing this. The world in your head works for you better than the real one, so welcome to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.