1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Tehran hostages would have been released in the summer of 1980 and Reagan would never have been elected.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah ... no.

I mean, I get that. The "one judge away" bit isn't totally without merit.

But they're not even that sophisticated in their support (not that I consider that take to be all that sophisticated). They're garden-variety Trump fans ... and I just don't get it. How can you live your life devoted to a certain ideal (and, honestly, these folks I'm talking about, they walk the walk) and yet get solidly behind ... him.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's not Hillary.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't see how that's enough.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I seriously blame the social divide on closet racists who could not abide an uppity president.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, what's an example of a strong willed politician handling a signature issue, as you think Trump should have, in an initial meeting?

Did Obama dictate terms to Republican leadership regarding health care reform in their first meeting? If not, why not?

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heh, Reagan sure kept that Carter appointee "error" Paul Volcker in his post as Fed Chief a long time, didn't he?

I agree. Therefore, I nominate God as the policeman of the world. USA, you're fired.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What's there to say?

It's not something I'd support.

I took it more of him not wanting to encourage some investigation of it.

If he says he never did encourage this, the media would be seeking out every woman he ever dated to inquire if they ever had an abortion.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Maybe they're full of shit, too.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

No. Obama punted on one of his key health care proposals - the public option - almost immediately.

And, he was criticized plenty for it.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I agree with you YF, but I think Trump's problem here is that he's been out on the campaign trail the past year trying to convince people that he's a tough guy who says what's on his mind. His supporters aren't going to like this Donald Trump and just wait until they find out he really supports amnesty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.