1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Who said that?

Each audience received a different message, but the messages are not in conflict with each other.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Because he actually wanted to work with them instead of just ramming it down their throats and be accused of lecturing to them.

Then the GOP adopted the stance of saying "no" to everything and refused to negotiate and then whined that Obama was lecturing to them and rammed it through anyways.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

You would love my world. It has a bevy of sloe eyed saber women tending to my every need
    24/7. ;)

4. Earthman

Reagan dealing directly with Gorbachev comes to mind.
    As far as Obama suggest reading The Price of Politics by Woodward on how Obama dealt
    with the other side. If you have good reading comprehension then you might come away with a
    different thought on how Obama negotiated with the GOP.

5. Earthman

Right and The Viet Nam war would have ended in '68 if not for Nixon and Kissenger negotiating
    behind the scenes with North VN

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Doctorquant: That's dumb.

dixiehack likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That showed me. Pathetic.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

Why?

Wouldn't a truly healthy Mexico slow illegal immigration, and provide American companies with a market to sell into?

Wages would be lower in Mexico, but that gap would close as it continued to improve, no?

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Oh, that's not the problem. The problem is that it betrays a calculus* that's totally fucked up. Stipulating that if Manuel gets here he can at least earn his keep ...

Manuel's doing his thing is only going to come at the expense of Mike if Manuel can do it better/faster/cheaper/whatever. So even if Manuel's success does displace Mike in Mike's current line of work, we'll still wind up better off. We'll have Manuel doing his thing (marginally better/faster/cheaper/whatever than Mike) and we'll free up Mike to do something else!

Saying that both the U.S. and Mexico will be better off if Mexico's best stay there is ridiculous.It's not too far removed from saying that the U.S. and Mexico would be better off if they didn't trade with one another.

*OK, probably calculus is far too advanced for Der Drumpendippenscheiss ... let's say it betrays fundamental flows in algeb ... er ... arithmetic.

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

OK. I thought that's what you were saying, but your "bolding" confused me.

But doesn't illegal immigration essentially subsidize a currupt Mexican system?

Mexico could reform their economy, and their political and legal systems, but they have no incentive to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.