1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No taco trucks in Michigan? What the fuck?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Alaska and Hawaii work just as hard and deserve taco trucks too.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Whoever came up with that animation/graph has clearly never been to either Austin or Fort Worth ...

jr/shotglass and YankeeFan like this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Jeb Bush is a good man, with a good record. He's a serious person, who understood the issues. But, most Republicans understood that the idea of another Bush presidency just wouldn't work. He would be burdened with his brother's legacy and would never be accepted by Democrats, or be able to unite the country. We could be relitigating the Iraq war and the rest of his brother's term for Jeb's entire presidency. Hell, even Jeb's own mother knew it wasn't a good idea, until she was convinced to get on board when he decided to run.

And so, despite his name recognition, experience, political team, and fundraising advantage, Jeb never gained any traction in the republican primary.

Did Dems have similar concerns about a Hillary presidency? There's not much evidence of this.

And so, the party coronated the corrupt, divisive wife of a corrupt, divisive former president.

And then they wonder why everyone won't embrace her.

old_tony and Earthman like this.
  5. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

That's the thing. The closest we get to the real clinton is the fbi version. That's who she is.
    Face it Hillary is out of bullets and tanking fast

6. YankeeFan

Six years on the Senate Armed Serviced Committee, and she doesn't recognize classified markings?

7. Earthman

Trump had a good week. Hillary not so much.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I don't think people are scratching their heads over others not embracing Hillary. Her warts are quite clear to see. The people you speak of are also looking at Donald Trump, and that head-scratching they're doing is over how anyone can take this man seriously as a presidential candidate.

9. YankeeFan

Sure. And, Dems could have avoided a situation like this by not handing their nomination to Hillary Clinton.

10. jr/shotglass

Absolutely agreed. But that doesn't prop up or excuse Donald Trump.

11. Earthman

Depends on which Trump they're looking at. The actual or main steam media version ? I believe that more and more people are tuning out main stream media and doing the opposite.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    old_tony likes this.
  12. jr/shotglass

I don't see as much of a difference between the two images as you do, my man. Perhaps my view has been slanted by the MSM, but I still see an orange cartoon character with no inner censor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.