1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

LOL ...

"Did you ever wonder why the only letter that appeared in parentheses was the 'C'?"

"I have no recollection of wondering that."

old_tony, Mr. Sunshine and YankeeFan like this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The actual version of Trump is the Trump of which there is no actual version. What you see now ... ain't what you're gonna get tomorrow ... and that ain't what you're gonna get next week.

3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Like many businessmen. He thinks on the fly and adjusts as needed. No filter like we are used to with politicians

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That's not business that's a trust fund baby. Lack of focus, lack of attention to detail, inability to work with others, inability to lead.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is insane.

Hillary's emails were everywhere. On unsecured laptops and thumb drives. On various servers and in the cloud. On gmail accounts. Even in the US mail. (Or maybe it was UPS.)

But, somehow they all went missing, or were scrubbed right around the same time. What a coincidence!

This is extreme recklessness, obstruction, or both.

6. heyabbott

And the biggest secret uncovered so far from the classified material is ...?

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Loved you at that Trump rally last month. ;)

[​IMG]

Earthman likes this.
  8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

You got it mixed up.that was a PSU pep rally

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The problem is the alleged experts that Fox News, the Trump campaign's media arm, puts out there to declare Clinton unfit even though they have never treated her. Unprofessional by both doctor and media.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been sort of mystified by the whole "unlikeable" thing, but I've reached a conclusion that a big part of it is the meticulous ( lawyer-like!), extremely precise way the Clintons have always presented their positions and themselves publicly.

Back in the day, a big complaint about Bill was that he was too politically calculated and based every decision on polling. The Clintons' almost unprecedented political shrewdness (The Clinton Machine) can make some people uncomfortable. I get that. I'm sure it can have a way of making people feel like they are constantly being sold on something.

Worse, many people will make the jump to inauthenticity, which I consider a mistake. They're sincere. genuine and unaplogetic advocates for the politically calculated policy positions they take.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  11. heyabbott

No difference

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

GOP clearly has a deeper farm system. Yet why are so many candidates on both sides so old? McCain running for reelection at 79. Ted Strickland, 75, is running for Senate as well. POTUS candidates are 70.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.