1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Hillary has probably met with 300 heads of state in her career. She's not going to flutter like a schoolgirl asked to homecoming when the president of fucking Mexico asks for a pow wow.

X-Hack likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And people say I'm just voting against Hillary, and have no reason to actually vote for Trump:

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Correct. She's gonna run it by Huma first and make sure he's current on his Clinton Foundation pledge ...

old_tony and YankeeFan like this.
  4. YankeeFan

She couldn't Dick. You know this. Literally could not without months of notice and planning. It had nothing to do with not being overeager to meet with him.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

You WANT 490K teachers fired?

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Your reality and everyone else's are two different things.

7. YankeeFan

It's a joke!

It's also from the Center for American Progress, whose founder is currently the Chairman of Hillary's campaign.

I think we should probably take it with a grain of salt.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So your argument for Trump is based in your hatred for teachers and public education. To be fair, Obama has been no friend to public education and I doubt Clinton will be one, either.

9. YankeeFan

(But, yes.)

10. outofplace

That would be yours, tony, because you posted delusions that I don't think even you believe.

11. outofplace

This would be YankeeFan admitting that he wants to see large numbers of teachers fired without bothering to ask if those teachers are good at their jobs or not and without even considering the impact of the loss of those teachers on American students.

12. YankeeFan

There will be approximately 3.1 million public school teachers working this year.

Since teachers are fired for cause at a rate of less than 1% annually, and the cause usually is related to something other than their teaching ability, do I think we could find 450,000 lousy teachers across America who we could replace with someone better?

In this economy, when so many qualified people see teaching as a good, solid career?

Almost certainly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.