1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Remember when @RickStain and @Baron Scicluna assured us that the classified info about drone strikes in Clinton's emails was simply a New York Times article on the subject that had been forwarded?

Yeah. Not so much.

She was discussing future drone strikes. She did it repeatedly, calling it routine, and didn't see why it was an issue.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I would just like to see Johnson nab double-digits.

The Republicans' best long term play is for Clinton to win and for Republicans to try and hold at 49 or 50 Senate seats. Focus on that. They'll probably win some of the red states back in 2018 they lost in 2012 with their buffoon candidates.

Four more years of anemic economic growth, rising ACA costs and then 2020 will arrive. Quit fighting about sexual orientation and Muslims and focus on the economy.

Yet I expect the Republicans to also overplay their hand in 2018 and 2020 like they always do.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

She said "I don't recall" 38 times in three hours, which correlates to approximately 101.3 times over eight hours. Reagan said it only 88 times in that time span. Gonzales, on the other hand, said it 64 times in just five hours, which correlates to 102.4 times in eight hours.

Therefore, Reagan is only 87 percent as corrupt and/or brain damaged as Clinton. Clinton is also only 98 percent as corrupt and/or brain damaged as Gonzales.

It's science. Suck it.

4. YankeeFan

We need a study. Some kind of chart.

As the interview goes longer, do instances of "I don't recall" go up?

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

"I don't recall" is probably the most often used phrase in legal investigation testimony transcripts, no? The goal for the person being interviewed is usually to get through the questioning without falling into a perjury trap.

6. YankeeFan

The "don't recall" answers are bad enough. That we're going to give her credit for being smart enough to avoid a "perjury trap" is hysterical. It's like telling the truth wasn't even an option.

According to Hillary's defenders, her options appear to be:

1. Give truthful testimony

B. Commit perjury

3. Say you don't recall

But, look, she didn't just say she couldn't recall. She blamed a brain injury as the reason why she couldn't recall.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm partial to this flowchart:

image.jpeg

HC and YankeeFan like this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Demonstrating that Clinton is a bad choice for president does not change the fact that Trump is a catastrophically unacceptable choice for president.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Q. And Kathleen Willey and her husband also did some fund-raising work for your campaign, correct?

A. I believe that's right. I'm not sure, but I think they did.

Q. If she were to describe herself as a Democratic party activist, would you disagree with that characterization of her?

A. No. I believe she was actually working very closely with Gov. Wilder in Virginia in 1992 at the time I was running for president.

Q. All right, sir. On election night in November 1992, did Kathleen Willey and her husband travel to Little Rock, Arkansas?

A. I have no idea.

Q. You don't recall seeing them in Little Rock that night?

A. No. But, you know, we stayed up late and there were hundreds, thousands of people there. I don't know whether they were there or not.

Q. Do you recall that after the election you personally called Kathleen Willey and, to thank her for helping you to be elected president?

A. No, I don't remember that.

10. YankeeFan

Disagree.

I think people decided this early, repeated it, and have come to believe it's a fact.

I've seen very few try to actually make the case that Trump is unacceptable. It's just been "decided". Nope. He'll be fine.

The fact is, a Republican House and Senate will keep him in check.

11. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Q. Now, seated to my right two chairs down is Ms. Paula Jones. Do you recall ever having met her before today?

A. No. I've said that many times. I don't.

12. YankeeFan

Huma's either dumb as a rock, or willing to lie under oath for Hillary:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.