1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Q. Have you ever said to any of the state troopers who were on your security detail when you were governor that any woman had, quote, "that come-hither look," close quote?

A. I might well have done that. That's a phrase I have used. I might well – I don't have a specific recollection of doing it, but it wouldn't surprise me if I'd said that to a trooper.

Q. What does the phrase "that come-hither look" mean?

A. It means either in look or dress a sort of a suggestive appearance from the look or dress.

Q. Sexually suggestive?

A. Yes.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If you had a child with Anthony Weiner, would you risk perjuring yourself for Hillary?

3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

MR. BENNETT: You may ask the question.

A. The answer to your question, if sexual relations are defined as –

MR. BENNETT: No, Mr. President

THE WITNESS: What?

MR. BENNETT: Go ahead.

A. That's right, that was upheld by the court. The answer to your question, if the definition is section one there in the first piece of evidence you gave me, is yes.

Q. On how many occasions?

A. Once.

Q. In what year?

A. 1977.

Q. Did you ever make sexual advances to Gennifer Flowers after that occasion which did not culminate in sexual relations?

A. No.

Q. Did she make sexual advances to you which did not culminate in sexual relations?

A. Yes. Once.

Q. When was that?

A. I don't remember. Sometime after she came back, she invited me to come and see her.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This has to be shtick.

5. YankeeFan

Not at all.

Honestly, the criticism has been both lazy, and overthrow top.

It also follows the same play book used in every campaign against Republicans. They're some combination of sum and racist.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The point, which sails over your head, is that the Times article was representative of a lack of consistency in classification. Millions of people could read that article, yet, it was classified. Other documents, which should have been classified, weren't. That was her argument.

As for the "discussion", she wasn't participating in it. Some diplomats made some vaguely worded emails discussing it because they weren't near a classified computer and her aides forwarded the, to her. The drone strikes that you're so worried about, while classified by the U.S., are also known to millions of people around the world. Not a huge secret.

Emails in Clinton Probe Dealt With Planned Drone Strikes

While I don't find politics funny, it is, I'll admit, quite amusing to see how you cling to this issue because your entire party has no accomplishments to point to from the last 25 years that can convince the average non-affiliated voter to vote for them.

7. YankeeFan

It's dem strategy, and Wolfson gives away the secret.

If Jeb Bush or John Kasich were the nominee, the narrative would be that they were dumb, mean, racist, or some combination of the three.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Hmm, if only there were a way for Republican candidates to avoid being accused of racism ... Like, if they could somehow avoid sponsoring legislation that disenfranchises minority voters, or if people could just understand why they want to fly Confederate battle flags, or if the press would stop reporting on the racist things they say ... If only ...

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

Which candidate won independent voters in 2008?

10. MisterCreosote

Nice to see you, Katrina.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"Overthrow top." :cool:

12. MisterCreosote

Everything Trump has said, or done, in the last 35 years has either been misunderstood or taken out of context. Or is Obama's fault.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.