1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Just 13 percent of voters surveyed by ABC News say Trump deliver on his promise, whereas 78 percent believe the GOP nominee can’t get Mexico to pay for a border wall.

The majority of voters in the online survey also had a negative reaction to Trump’s immigration speech in Arizona last week where he doubled down on the wall, pledged to create a deportation force to round up “criminal aliens” and pledged no amnesty. The leading adjectives to describe the speech were “ridiculous,” “disgust,” “idiot,” and “stupid.”

http://nypost.com/2016/09/04/giulia...ebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow&sr_share=facebook

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hillary spent the entire month of August talking to only the ultrarich.

African-Americans can see that she isn't interested in a dialogue with them.

Earthman likes this.
  3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Sorry, but there's nothing "compelling" nor "evidence-based" about "I don't like him."

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

We save that for Telenova memes.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Obama, on the outside looking in as Russia and Turkey make plans:

[​IMG]

old_tony likes this.
  7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That is a perfect picture.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You can bet Fucko would be standing right next to Putin so he could hear all the sweet nothings (and secret orders) whispered into his ear. Or so that Donald could reach gently down Vlad's pants to playfully jiggle his balls, just the way he likes it.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You know the case is far more than that. You lack the integrity to admit as much, but you know better.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I never knew conservatives cared about the Eighth Amendment.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Seriously, it’s sarcasm stupid!

"So, yeah, pretty much every politician lies. Hillary isn’t my ideal candidate and I don’t trust her. But I don’t trust her on a normal politician level. I don’t trust her when she says she had no knowledge of some covert operation that she was involved in. I don’t trust that she says she wasn’t working with the DNC to edge out the other candidates when the committee was supposed to remain neutral. I don’t trust her anymore than any other politician, maybe even more than that. But it’s a normal distrust of a politician who has lived inside the system their whole life, and thinks they get different rules to follow. I hate that, but at least I understand it.

Trump is on a whole new level! He doesn’t even talk within the same reality as the rest of us. He comes out with a range of fabrications that range from normal political promises and lies, to completely made up crap with no basis in fact at all! That kind of Trumpism usually start with phrases like “I’m hearing a lot of people say…”. It’s these kinds of suggestive story-plants that many of his fans love, because they are based on a suggestion of the truth scraped off the bottom of a less sensational fact and then grown in the Petrie dish of his mind until it’s a colony of lies and made up crap that his fans can run with, but they will never bother to investigate the validity of the supporting facts."

"Don’t buy the bullshit from the podium. And don’t let them insult your intelligence by claiming you didn’t get the joke. We can tell when we’re being lied to, and we know racism and misogyny when we see it. There is a certain attraction to having a candidate who is outside of the system to some extent, but this isn’t some minor job, this is the most powerful position in the free world. Why would would we want to ignore that there are prerequisites for the presidency? Would you look for heart surgeon who isn’t part of the hospital elite to do your triple bypass? At some point the lack of experience should logically outweigh the perceived absence of corruption.

And can you really tell me that Donald Trump doesn’t just come with his own brand of corruption instead?"

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

So, today is Labor Day. Happy holiday to everyone.

Now the election is real. The last three months have been masturbation material for political junkies (like myself).

The next 60 days is where it's won and lost. Polls matter now. Gaffes matter now. The voters are about to get plugged in.

Have a hot dog and (many) beers today. Put away your white clothes. Because now it gets real and the bullshit is over.

Clinton has a solid lead in electoral math. Now we find out if she can close the deal against a narcissistic carnival barker who is totally unqualified and really doesn't want the job.

Sadly, it's not a done deal.

Hold on to your butts.

Lugnuts likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.