1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Such lunatic attacks!

On the campaign trail since then, Giuliani has led some of Trump’s most lunatic lines of attack, mocking Clinton for having failed a bar exam 41 years ago (and claiming it was covered up by the press); repeating the Trump camp accusations that the media are ignoring “several signs of illness by her” (“I don’t know if she goes home, goes to sleep. I think she sleeps”); insisting that Trump’s Milwaukee appeal for black people to abandon the Democratic Party was “the best speech that any Republican, at the least, has ever given” and reviving a monthslong feud with Beyoncé (Beyoncé!) by denouncing her for daring to pay tribute to Black Lives Matter at a concert. “I ran the largest and the best police department in the world, the New York City Police Department, and I saved more black lives than any of those people you saw on stage,” Giuliani bragged on Fox & Friends.

It's really typical.

Dems can accuse Republicans of anything, and it's fair game.

But, if Republicans hit back, the press works overtime to delegitimize any criticism.

I'm not even sure what's wrong with anything he said here.

Hillary did fail the DC Bar, and until Carl Bernstein wrote about it in 2007, this was never talked about.

There have been several signs of illness exhibited by Hillary.

Trump's Milwaukee speech won a lot of praise.

#BlackLivesMatters has plenty of room for criticism, and so does Beyoncé for supporting it.

Giuliani did save countless African-American lives during his time as mayor. The murder rate plummeted. Crime dropped the most in predominantly African-American neighborhoods. The NYPD's Street Crime Unit was successful in taking guns off the street.

But, that narrative doesn't gin up the outrage machine that will get Pookie off of the couch to vote for Hillary, so it has to be discredited.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Your guys growing desperation is delightful.

3. YankeeFan

It's funny. There are stories out there about Hillary's health.

It's not enough for the media to label them as conspiracy theories, instead of checking into a woman, who's fallen on multiple occasions, and who's suffered at least one concussion in recent years, which required her to take time off.

No. They want Trump supporters to actively denounce such talk. So, when someone like Rudy comes on, they ask him about it, and he basically says "google it" and decide for yourself, which makes the media go crazy.

Ok.

Now, remind me how Hillary knocked down the talk that Obama was a Muslim during her 2008 campaign.

Did she denounce it?

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The Richmond Times Dispatch has endorsed Gary Johnson.

5. YankeeFan

“You don't believe that Senator Obama's a Muslim?” Kroft asked Sen. Clinton.

“Of course not. I mean, that, you know, there is no basis for that. I take him on the basis of what he says. And, you know, there isn't any reason to doubt that,” she replied.

“You said you'd take Senator Obama at his word that he's not…a Muslim. You don't believe that he's…,” Kroft said.

“No. No, there is nothing to base that on. As far as I know,” she said.

“It's just scurrilous…?” Kroft inquired.

“Look, I have been the target of so many ridiculous rumors, that I have a great deal of sympathy for anybody who gets, you know, smeared with the kind of rumors that go on all the time,” Clinton said.

Taking Obama at his word

6. YankeeFan

Well, not her, herself, people around her.

So, which of Hillary's supporters lost their minds in the 2008 campaign when they originally floated the "birther" charge?

CNN.com - Transcripts

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He'll always have Milwaukee.

Milwaukee!

8. YankeeFan

9. YankeeFan

Hillary "attending" Labor Day parade in Cleveland, but not marching.

Yeah, that will shut down the rumors.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

To be a 70-year-old woman running for president.

First she loses to a black Muslim, and while she'll probably win this time, it just goes to show again how hard an American woman has to fight for the top job in the world.

Probably a good documentary waiting to be made.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump and his campaign have yet to deny he has erectile Disfunction issues and takes medication. Apparently he has not needed the medication for a few years as his wife has a separate bedroom and a boyfriend.

This has not been denied and people are talking.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Haha, stupid Trump doesn't know what the C marking stands for on emails!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.