1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

She could run a damn ultramarathon and that wouldn't put "rumors about her health to rest" among the whackadoos who keep bringing it up.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How about we start with walking further than four blocks.

old_tony likes this.
  3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Virginia is gone. There simply aren't enough people in the rural areas anymore to make up for the Northern part of the state.

The great unknown here is still whether or not a cult of personality is really going to serve as a stand-in for a GOTV operation.

Trump literally has zero offices right now in Michigan. Zero in North Carolina. He has one (one!) in Florida.

So if you tell me it's tied there, you're going to have to convince me he can get people to the polls using his general reliance on free media and his Twitter account. And all these "likely" voters will need to figure out how to get to the polls and make sure they're registered essentially on their own.

Can it happen? I mean ... I guess?

4. YankeeFan

Greenwald nails it:

5. YankeeFan

Don't disagree with any of this.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

@RickStain has been known to disappear for large periods of time without warning from here.

7. YankeeFan

Yeah, she was the picture of health:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Can we slow down? I'm still trying to figure out if she killed Vince Foster.

9. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Exactly. If you want to drive down health care costs you should be promoting exercise.
    [​IMG]

10. YankeeFan

538's "now cast" gave Trump a 3.6% chance of winning on August 8th.

It's up to 33.3% today.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dolphin shorts? Really?

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I do think the Clintons should be scrutinized. I think that coughing fits are stupid message board bullshit, but if there is evidence her doctor is lying and that she's actually on death's door, ok then. I think where intelligent people ought to disagree is when reporting is clearly not in line with the facts, like the AP story, that clearly tried to suggest something right out of of the Trump playbook by fudging the numbers. MORE THAN HALF OF THE PEOPLE SHE MET WITH WERE PEOPLE WHO DONATED! Nope, blatantly untrue. That deserved plenty of pushback.

Bill Clinton's decision to take a no-show job and get paid $18 million at a for profit university? Totally legit story. As I've said repeatedly, they cannot help themselves with some stuff, which always puts them in ethically gray areas, if not moral and legal. They should answer questions about that crap. Goldman Sachs too. But some of the stuff is total bullshit, and Greenwald absolutely knows it. If you do a FOIA, and you don't come up with the goods, you have to know when to walk away without an "exclusive." (She met with a Nobel Peace Price winner! She was asked to secure a passport for a diplomat who was helping negotiate a hostage release from North Korea! The horror!) The same fucking shit is true of Trump.

Campaigns make people cynical and bitter, just like long seasons do in sports. Reporting on a campaign like this, for more than a year, creates a complete bubble where reporters can't help but feel like Clinton's poor treatment of them is yet another example that she's a nefarious person. This is why the idea that they'd "cover up" her serious illness is such nonsense. They dislike her nearly as much as you do, and I promise you, many of them can't help but like Trump, who probably treats them warmly in many instances. It's like Bush all over again. If you covered them every single day, Bush would feel fun and kind. And if you covered Gore every day, he'd feel totally annoying. Doesn't say squat about their ability to govern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.