1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people are going to vote for her or him and not admit it. Won't admit it afterwards, and probably are not admitting it to any polling efforts.

I think all bets are off - either could win this. I suspect there are far more voters not willing to admit they are voting for Trump than there are for HRC.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Smoke, and it still doesn't demonstrate that there is a real distinction. Both candidates have given us ample reason to distrust them.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So you don't have it in you to say "Hillary Clinton lied." without having to balance it out?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not balancing it out. I'm telling you that they are both corrupt and neither deserves our complete trust. The point is to discuss who should be the next president and you can't use honesty to distinguish them because neither Clinton nor Trump is honest.

Also, why would you not quote the entirety of a one-line post? And the fun part is, you cut out the part to which you were responding.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He consistently underperformed his polling in the primaries. There's no evidence of what you are speculating. Why would people, at large, be more embarrassed to admit to a Trump vote than a Hillary one? As we are constantly told here, their unfavorables are similar.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No, I posted the part that warranted response.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

On a scale from 1 to Laureate, it was probably on par with a Tony Robbins seminar.

It was a real estate seminar. It was probably fairly scammy. But, I hear ads for similar seminars all the time.

8. Dick Whitman

Wow, there must be hundreds of similar lawsuits then. Can you tell us about some of them?

9. YankeeFan

Read the Times article.

Trump has bragged about buying and selling politicians. This is proof that he really did. It's practically good for him.

10. YankeeFan

Tell me what you think of this:

11. Dick Whitman

I've reached the point I was at with the email investigation where I wanted her to be indicted. I hope Trump wins the election so I don't have to talk about or debate the Clintons any more.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You'd be out of luck. I'm sure that Trump's AG (Christie? Rudy?) will indict Hillary for SOMETHING so as to create the trial of the century. Trump might not be able to provide bread, but circuses he knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.