1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't. But the pearl-clutching is pretty amusing, nonetheless.

2. doctorquant

Wait ... what?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I just don't see this story hurting him. Do you think it will?

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Vombatus thinks that Trump will out-perform his polling numbers because voters don't want to admit to pollsters that they are voting for a racist. I pointed out that Trump's mostly white voters don't actually think he is racist. They think he's just telling it like it is.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm hopeful for a functional government between the Administrative and Legislative branches. That's what the country really needs, politics be damned.

I don't really see that happening with HRC though. 4 to 8 more years of gridlock.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Nothing hurts him. The only thing that hurt him, for like five minutes, was his fight with the Khan family. That's it.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The troubling part for me is that Trump seems a little loose with the rules and careless with his tax returns.

That contribution has drawn scrutiny in part because the $25,000 came from Trump's non-profit charitable foundation — in violation of IRS rules — and because the foundation failed to properly report the gift on its tax return. The foundation incorrectly reported that the money went to an unrelated charity in Kansas with a similar name. ...

... According to the Washington Post, Trump recently reimbursed his foundation for the $25,000 political contribution. He also paid a $2,500 fine to the IRS for improperly channeling that gift through a non-profit foundation.

8. doctorquant

Ah. You might want to make sure you write it that way rather than "most white people."

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

People are talking about it.

10. doctorquant

If only Toby Miles were still there. They say he was a real stickler for the rules ...

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

When the choices are between gridlock and driving off into the canyon Thelma and Louise style, give me gridlock baby.

Stoney likes this.
  12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"Vombatus" also swore up and down for months that his "inside sources" said it was only a matter of time before the FBI indicted Hillary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.