1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Why should he not be fact checked? Is it because he has NO facts?

I have ZERO problem with Clinton bring grilled. She should be. So should Trump.

But Trump was allowed to repeat lies. Just him and Matt, two bros kickin' back and chewin' the fat.

That was amateuer hour from Lauer.

2. Deskgrunt50

Totally mysoginistic. I certainly don't want Clinton to play the "woman" card. She should win because she's qualified and he's not.

But nobody EVER would say "smile more" to a
    man while discussing military issues. That was a pig comment.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, it is. I've seen such lessons taught. It may not be as widespread as it should be, but I've seen a program that is run by a local group for several high schools in my area. The focus is on making sure the male and female students understand concepts like consent.

4. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

James Comey lost a lot of credibility with his late Friday pre Labor day weekend
    data dump. What a joke.

5. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Why did Hillary stand up during her interview with Lauer? It was an odd gesture. Was she trying to convey that
    she was healthy and mobile?

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Seems like an odd thing to focus on. Maybe you're correct. Maybe she just likes to be mobile on stage. Maybe standing is a gesture of respect to a military audience.

But of all the issue to fixate on, that's pretty far down the list.

7. Deskgrunt50

So, basically the bar has now been lowered to
    this: If Trump doesn't shit his pants and throw his feces at the moderator and audience, he seems fit for command.

Swell.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Eh, not so sure. Maybe not in the context of discussing military issues, but Gore was derailed in part because he didn't seem chummy enough (to have a beer with!) to a wide swath of the American electorate.

I don't know Priebus from Adam, so I'm not going to assign misogyny to his comments unless he's exhibited that sort of behavior in the past. Seems like regular ol' politics, to me.

9. bigpern23

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Disagree. Did Trump "smile" during his segment? Did anyone say he looked defensive?

No. But he also wasn't pressed at all. Just allowed to lie and give his stump speech.

11. bigpern23

It's the head of the RNC saying Clinton should smile more. Of course he didn't say the same about Trump.

12. Deskgrunt50

Then say something substantive. Disagree with her? Fine. Call her out on positions? Fine.

"Smile" more. No. It's a sexist, asshole move. Words matter. But apparently not with Reince, Trump and the RNC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.