1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He's still better than Trump. Or Hillary.

But I wish Weld was atop that ticket.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

All politicians lie! But not as much as Trump! ...

For instance, the fact-checking website PolitiFact found that of thestatements by Hillary Clinton that it checked, 22 percent were completely “true” and another 28 percent were “mostly true.”

But Trump is another animal. There is no true equivalency between Trump and Clinton, or between Trump and any other politician, for that matter. Only 4 percent of Trump’s statements that PolitiFact checked were rated as completely “true” and only another 11 percent were even rated as “mostly true.” Seventy percent of Trump’s statements that the site checked were rated as “mostly false,” “false” or “pants on fire,” the site’s worse rating.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/08/opinion/donald-trump-is-lying-in-plain-sight.html

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yep, Donnie made it all about pro-white Russian > anti-black president

HanSenSE and YankeeFan like this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

From the WaPo's article about Johnson's Aleppo stumble ... "Aleppo is a critical component of the current debate over foreign policy and something with which most Americans, and certainly a presidential candidate, should be familiar."

Until this morning, I'd never heard of Aleppo (or if I had, my hearing of it didn't stick). I'd heard of the humanitarian crisis, sure. But if this humanitarian crisis is the/an epicenter (i.e., "a critical component") of a foreign policy debate here in the U.S., it sure as hell has escaped me.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

"Bullied/bullying" must be in this morning's talking points.

6. YankeeFan

What is the current administration's Aleppo strategy?

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Really? I would not be able to give much of an answer about Aleppo but I certainly knew where and what it is.

9. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Not sure but I am pretty sure they know what Aleppo is. Do you think that Trump knew what Aleppo was as of last night? Honest question.

10. Songbird

Suck it, YF! Press conference! Even if it does look Wag the Dog'y.

Screen shot 2016-09-08 at 9.47.17 AM.png

11. Songbird

12. YankeeFan

Listening now.

She just called Trump unpatriotic in her opening statement.

Wow. Dems are always complaining that Republicans call them unpatriotic. I wonder if anyone will criticize her for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.