1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Golly gee, I wonder if a Democratic politician has ever said a murderous dictator was "more of a leader" than George W. Bush. Or Ronald Reagan. Maybe then we could play your "both sides do it!" game in a way that wasn't completely dishonest.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How about when Dems called for "regime change" at home, which clearly was a way to compare Bush w Saddam?

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

She could have called him a pathlogical liar and megalomaniac who is an ignorant dottering draft dodger and former gameshowhost whose serial infedelities and lack of morality make him unfit to own a 7-11 franchise let alone President

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Makes sense to me. Trump is ready to abandon our country's position as leader of the free world. He believes all of that American exceptionalism stuff hurts other countries' feelings.

5. YankeeFan

Also, calling Putin a leader doesn't seem to me much different than when Time magazine names some dictator or terror leader the Man of the Year.

It's either true or it isn't. It doesn't mean you agree with their policies or actions.

6. Double Down

Sounds exciting! Now, find some Dem politicians (not idiot bloggers or message board posters) in reference to George W. Bush in, as you put it, a way to "clearly compare Bush to Saddam."

Hell, find me someone running for the office of the presidency who said "I prefer Saddam Hussein to George W. Bush."

7. Double Down

Oh for fuck's sake. Take this pony for a walk and put it out of its misery. Even you aren't this disingenuous.

JC, LongTimeListener and heyabbott like this.
  8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

WTF does this mean?

TRUMP: I think if you saw what happened in Mexico the other day, where I went there, I had great relationships, everything else. I let them know where the United States stands. I mean, we've been badly hurt by Mexico, both on the border and with taking all of our jobs or a big percentage of our jobs.

And if you look at what happened, look at the aftermath today, where the people that arranged the trip in Mexico have been forced out of government. That's how well we did.

9. YankeeFan

You guys are funny.

Obama and Hillary kissed Putin's ass. Hillary promised a Russian reset. Obama told Medvedev to relay to Putin that he (Obama) would have greater flexibility after his reelection.

Lavrov played Obama and Kerry for fools when he agreed to take possession of Syria's chemical weapons.

Russia has worked against our interests in Syria.

Putin annexed Crimea, and put troops into Eastern Ukraine.

And, all the while, we continue to try and work with them. Just days ago, Obama was trying to get their cooperation in Syria.

But, God forbid that Trump points out that Putin has played us, and is a "better leader" and the left melts down.

Give me a fucking break.

Putin only became Public Enemy Number One for the democrats when they thought they could use his "relationship" or praise, or "influence" with Trump as a political advantage.

10. YankeeFan

Trump won. Mexico lost.

Mexico lost so badly, it cost a dude his job.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Won what? Now you sound like as much of a cartoon as he does.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

If The Asshole Trump gets the White House,
    prepare for "Running Man" five nights a week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.