1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

YF, the world's biggest critic of the New York Times, notably silent about the Patrick Healy story that somehow forgot to note every odd thing Trump said last night. Curious.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Took a couple of stabs, but the Times eventually got there.

[​IMG]

Songbird likes this.
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Sure, I suppose. Unless, you know, things don't happen in a vacuum and Trump ends up actually being worse.

It's still unseemly. Our "leaders" should be above such "rankings."

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

The New Yorker turning on The Clinton machine:
    The Facts and Falsehoods of the Clinton Foundation - The New Yorker

"There is something essentially illiberal about the way that Band and Abedin were behaving, and if liberals feel aggrieved by the way the Clinton Foundation stories keep making headlines, even though they contain no real violations, then the real culprit isn’t the press. It is Band and Abedin, and whoever led them to believe that the way to treat Clinton Foundation donors who wanted things from the State Department was to genuflect and scurry. The list of candidates there is short. Most of them once shared the same e-mail server."

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Earthman

Seems like the liberal masses are getting a little nervous after Hillary performance last night.
    Watching her plod around stage last night made me think of the aging John McCain in the
    town hall debate.

8. YankeeFan

9. YankeeFan

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on what percentage of the vote Clinton might attract from readers of the New Yorker? I'm thinking about 98 pct.

11. Earthman

That's probably low. But count me in the 2 %.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Assuming Trump is not torturing and murdering his critics, yes, the only answer is Trump.

I suppose if he used a nuclear weapon in Syria, liquefying a million innocent people to prove he has a big dick to you, it might be debatable.

We're quickly reaching the point where you are being driven so nuts by the IDEA of Hillary, even these discussions are pointless. You're no longer bound by reality. Understanding you have to have a working relationship with the thuggish autocrat who controls a third of the worlds nukes and oil, and praising him because you like that he praises you and you're so woefully insecure you can't step back and see you're being played, are two different worlds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.