1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump's up 7 in Indiana. He's going to win it, and his coattails will carry the Senate seat.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Unless there is a close race between more than two people, that's the only logical way to approach voting.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

There's no "logical" approach to voting ...

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

She's right. Better job security and benefits if you work for the government.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My vote is worth about 1/108,000th of an electoral college vote. I live in a deep red state that is winner-take-all for electoral college votes. My vote won't impact the election or the apportionment of electoral college votes at all - no matter who I pick.

So if we really want to apply logic to it, I'd vote in the local races and skip the POTUS vote entirely to get out of the polling site quicker.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I think, "Corporations and businesses only create jobs if they serve the financial interests of the corporation or business and it has nothing whatsoever to do with whether they are provided tax or regulatory relief," is probably a better way to put it.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Not even if I'm a Libertarian who believes marijuana cures Ebola and doesn't know what/where Aleppo is?

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

"The contest is not complete until both teams have had all their requisite turns at bat," is what Yogi really said.

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Most likely, my vote is worth 0 percent of an Electoral College vote because each state is winner-take-all and the state in which I reside is beet red and will go to Trump.

I'm not voting for Trump.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Stein voters might want to take a look in the mirror:

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.