1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

A good, timely communications strategy memo. HRC is well prepared.

As for the deplorable segment of Trump's supporters, 50 pct. seems like a solid estimate. I'd have gone a little higher but she's smart to stay on the conservative side.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

As Ta-Nehisi Coates points out, the numbers are on Hillary's side.

Hillary Clinton Is Right About Trump's Supporters And Prejudice

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

ABC/Washington Post poll has Clinton +8, and at 51%. (+5 in a four way race.)

Are they just trolling us @Dick Whitman?

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't know. I would have to know about the methodology and the voter demographics model.

5. Dick Whitman

What percentage of them still think Obama was born in Kenya? There's your number.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Clinton only +1 or +2 (depending on if we're looking at a 2 or 4 way race) in both New Hampshire and Nevada.

Trump is still trailing, but he's putting more states in play, which gives him multiple paths to 270.

(We're also not hearing much anymore about Clinton winning Utah, Georgia or Texas.)

7. Dick Whitman

NBC News poll only has her +2 in New Hampshire. It's a race, people.

Edit: YF beat me to it.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm sure you really believe that. As do many in our country. Too bad a great many of the other 7,000,000,000 people on the planet disagree. Not that it really matters, though. Because "we're by far the most powerful on Earth" we do whatever the fuck we want, whenever we want.

--- We'll carve a country into pieces one day, and then bitch years later when another nation wants to split apart (if we see that split as disadvantageous to us), crying, "We must respect the sovereignty of nations!"
    ---- We call nations evil for fighting terrorist rebels in Afghanistan, and then years later we decide it's good to fight terrorist rebels in Afghanistan.
    ---- We talk incessantly about "human rights" while some of our most powerful companies have their products produced in deplorable conditions.
    ---- We brag about the importance of democracy and free elections, and then we topple democratically elected leaders in a heartbeat if we believe we can install a puppet more favorable to us.
    ---- We recoil at the "former KGB" president three decades after electing a "former CIA director" as POTUS.
    ---- We declare war on an ideology that brings us to the brink of nuclear annihilation and causes 25,000 American deaths in Vietnam instead of just letting that ideology rot from within, which it would eventually.
    ---- We fuck with another nation's elections in 1996 and then shit our pants at rumors that that nation is fucking with our election in 2016.

And then we seem shocked --- shocked! --- that the world sees these double standards and just shakes its collective head and doesn't want to fall in line with us.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Pledge of Allegiance, citizen. Right now.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Even the Pledge is a lie.

We're not "indivisible." We did divide. It's in all the history books.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

40-percent of Trump supporters think ACORN will rig the election. That organization closed up years ago. So they are deplorably stupid.

Smallpotatoes and Dick Whitman like this.
  12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was my point.

BTExpress likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.