1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's too late for anyone else to step in and win.

That's what pisses me off so much about this. I mean, I hope she's OK, first and foremost. But, I keep hearing how smart she is, and if that's true, she HAS to know she's the only person standing between us and a Donald Fucking Trump presidency.

If she's not physically up for it, she needed to realize it months ago and fucking bow out gracefully. We cannot afford to fuck around with the possibility of ignorant, incompetent jerkoffs inheriting this country.

EDIT: This is not to say I buy into the conspiracy theories, but this episode is much more real than Cough-ghazi and Seizure-gate.

Deskgrunt50 and Vombatus like this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

During Trump's batshit days, didn't it emerge that it would be fairly simple for the party to swap him out and choose his replacement if he withdrew? Assume that would be the case here.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hillary will never drop out.

John Stroger (google him) would quit a race before her.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

clearly wondering what happens if she has to drop out is jumping ahead several steps, but it's interesting to talk about.

Lugnuts likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

Watch for Johnson and Stein's numbers to get a lift out of this.

6. YankeeFan

It would almost be more weird if she didn't have pneumonia.

[​IMG]

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I never understood how folks thought they could give a diagnosis on Terri Schiavo via TV footage. Seems those type of people have multiplied in the intervening years.

Deskgrunt50 and HanSenSE like this.
  8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I am truly baffled that so many people don't want to consider the differentiator that this person is 70 years old.

9. Inky_Wretch

Good thing Clinton has the Plague, it covers up year another Trump RTing a racist meme.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The idea that sickness, particularly a common sickness, is disqualifying for a presidential candidate is ridiculous. FDR won a fourth term on the verge of death. Eisenhower won a second term a year after a major coronary. Reagan had Alzheimer's during an election. But right wingers like to engage in nasty fantasies and left wingers like to fret and worry, so this is a deal. Interesting how every doctor commenting on this says it's kind of normal. Only partisans (of both sides, I'm sorry to say) make it a huge issue.

I Should Coco and HanSenSE like this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

On top of all of that, imagine the blowback (or how much tapdancing YF would be doing) if she had followed doctor's orders and spent the day in bed. Faux News may have cancelled all commercials for temperature updates.

12. Inky_Wretch

Are we sure Clinton didn't actually die today, but then was revived using Area 51 technology?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.