1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Is nobody making a point out of the fact she uses a van because she is too impaired to climb into an SUV? Or the campaign chose a van in case they have to fit it with a wheelchair lift?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Give YF time. He'll get there eventually, he just needs more foreplay first.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That we know of.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump is on his feet for multiple hours at rallies? I'd like some confirmation of that.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No. You misunderstand.

You don't criticize the right-wing media. You never criticize right-wing media.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They had to switch after this photo went viral:

[​IMG]

7. Dick Whitman

Even accepting for the sake of argument that she has pneumonia that will soon pass, the footage is not good for her campaign. On no planet it is not damaging to have footage out there of the candidate looking that physically vulnerable. Whether she ever lost consciousness or not, she's certainly so woozy that it took multiple people to get her into the van. That's not good. It's like I preached for months with the Ray Rice thing - video changes things.

That, I think, is where @DoubleDown's post about potentially overplaying this comes in. YF is in the middle of a three-day touchdown dance, and he's a relatively mild-tempered Republican. The Hannitys of the world are going to spend the week relentlessly telling us she has CancerAIDS when they ought to just let the video ride. Even dumb fuck himself was smart enough to do that. I think his only public statement was sending her a vanilla get-well-soon wish.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Toughing it out because of pain/physical problems is as American as it gets, people.

Props to Hillary Clinton. Despite Donald Trump stepping on her heel and badly twisting her ankle, she still managed to flip a short pass to Doug Baldwin for the winning TD!

(oops, wrong thread ...);)

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The picture of her walking with the aide/nurse checking her BP is pretty bad, too.

I say this in all honesty ... I feel bad for her. She ought to not be campaigning right now. If that means she takes a ding or two come election day, that's too fucking bad.

And though I've been wrong so, so, so, so many times about this election, I don't think this really hurts her. The people who entered this election inclined to vote for her, they're going to vote for her no matter what. Call me crazy, but I don't think @cranberry and @Baron Scicluna are wavering, and she can just about pull this off with only their votes.

The people who had reluctantly decided they'd vote for her if for no other reason than she's preferable to the alternative (c.f., your humble correspondent), they're not going to swing to Trump over this. They may show up in lesser numbers, but they're not voting for Trump just because Herself looks old and infirm. And I don't think that changes if it comes to pass that she's not actually the candidate. I will not, under any circumstance, vote for Trump. I'll vote for @93Devil before I'll vote for Trump.

Iron_chet likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

His speeches alone are regularly over an hour. By the time he gets in, gets out, works the rope line, he's on his feet for a couple of hours.

Raleigh in July:

Trump came back to the topic of Clinton and her emails multiple times over the course of his hour-long speech and said, “She should not be allowed to serve as president of the United States.”

Trump in Raleigh: ‘It’s going to be America first’

Dallas in June:

Inside the Dallas entertainment venue, Trump offered a meandering hour-long speech that didn't dive deep into policy details, but rather rehashed his campaign victories, bashed presumptive Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton and "decried the general state of the country," KERA's Christopher Connelly reported.

#TrumpInTx: Trump Ends Hour-long Dallas Rally, Supporters And Protesters Interact

Indianapolis in April:

UPDATE 4:30 PM WEDNESDAY: Donald Trump thanks supporters and exits the stage after an hour-long speech.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...diana-rally-2016-what-you-need-know/83252070/

This has been the case the entire campaign; hour plus long speeches are the norm for him.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

A devil campaign. Now that would be entertainment.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

I'm a little lost. Are they training for a marathon or running for president?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.