1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

How much of that time did he spend leaning against a podium?

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Both: The presidency is a marathon.

Batman likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Right wing media has plenty of problems, and they get pointed out on a regular basis.

The problem is that what is presented as mainstream media is fact left wing media. The Times, the Washington Post. CNN and the major networks.

When CNN is telling me she tripped? Well, then they're doing PR and not news.

4. YankeeFan

A stadium or arena, like the 9/11 venue, presents additional challenges for Hillary. She would have to walk some distance from wherever her vehicle left her, to the stage.

She can't do it.

She does events in place where she can be offloaded from her van -- almost always outside the view of the press -- and spirited in through a backdoor, directly to where she needs to be.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Fox presents itself as mainstream media, as well. Its viewers absolutely believe that it is "fair and balanced." They parrot that constantly.

6. MisterCreosote

7. Dick Whitman

Am I being a pig if I point out gently that perhaps some of her comparative physical weakness likely has to do with her gender?

8. MisterCreosote

Trump can't support his own body weight, even while just standing and delivering a speech.

9. YankeeFan

Hillary Clinton has pneumonia, her doctor said, hours after the Democratic nominee stumbled as she exited a 9/11 commemoration ceremony early.

Yeah, she "stumbled". That's it CNN.

10. MisterCreosote

How do we know for sure that this wasn't a seizure? Sure looks like one to me. And Pence clearly wasn't anticipating it.

[​IMG]

11. Dick Whitman

I think "stumble" is perfectly acceptable. In fact, it's probably the best possible word here, covering a range of possibilities from a "trip" to a fainting spell. Did she faint or come close to it? Probably. But we don't know that for a fact. "Stumble" is the right description of the video.

12. MisterCreosote

The dictionary has a well-known liberal bias.

stum·ble
    ˈstəmbəl/
    verb

1. 1.
      trip or momentarily lose one's balance; almost fall.

dixiehack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.