1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's probably fair.

The swing and the momentum of the race matters more to me right now. If it's moving in the right (as defined by me) then Trump has a chance.

And, the Times poll, and others, show it moving to Trump.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think he's the favorite right now.

3. Dick Whitman

He doesn't know anything about anything.

4. YankeeFan

Eh. He'll be fine.

5. YankeeFan

Are we feeling good about taking in additional refugees this morning?

6. Dick Whitman

I know. He watches the shows.

Double Down and doctorquant like this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Straight line projection is a flaw in poll watchers left and right. There has been little stability in the margin between Clinton and Trump all year, so to forecast that if it's shrinking/expanding today it'll keep doing so until Nov. 8 is based on hope/fear, not the evidence we have so far.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There was a shakira song called She Wolf with that word in the lyrics.

9. Dick Whitman

The evidence I have is that Trump has a capable campaign staff now who keeps him from doing and saying stupid shit, and that Hillary Clinton can't go a day without shooting herself in the foot somehow, because that's her nature. Hillary Clinton is a former United States Senator and Secretary of State. She is 2 points - at best - ahead of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Cheerleader In Chief, but with nukes and no oversight. Yay!

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The days of landslide elections are long gone, Dick. Obama-McCain proved that. Clinton-Trump is all you say, but it's also the first woman nominee running for her party's third straight term. a woman who's been one of the opposition party's most loathed enemies for 25 years. Those are significant fundamental headwinds.
    PS: Yesterday in one interview Trump stated as fact that the FBI and Federal Reserve Board were instruments of political corruption and used a racial slur for a US Senator. He's still saying plenty of stupid shit.
    PPS: Don't fudge your own numbers. If the RCP average is 2.4, that's not 2 points at best.

12. YankeeFan

Following up on @Dick Whitman's favorite RNC speech, Trump will be in Philadelphia today to talk policy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.