1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Fuck him. I could read a speech, too. When Matt Lauer asked him basic questions, he still didn't know anything about anything.

I do hope he wins, though.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The "nukes" fear mongering is ridiculous. Utterly stupid, and aimed at the stupid.

And, why would he have no oversight?

3. YankeeFan

What was Hillary Clinton's best answer during the Commander in Chief forum?

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Since Trump has asked aloud what is the point of nuclear weapons if we can't use them, I'd say the issue is a valid one.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

I'm not going to dignify the idea that he is as knowledgeable about the world as she is by engaging in a debate about it. He doesn't know anything. I know it. You know it.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Ever thought of being a Libertarian? I understand they're looking for a nominee for 2020. And what with you being able to read a speech and all ... :D

7. Michael_ Gee

It's worse than that. It's not that he doesn't know anything, it's that he's sure he knows the last thing he was exposed to. There's a blog on the WSJ Website that painstakingly detailed how Trump yesterday totally contradicted his previous statements on the Fed and monetary policy. A Trump administration would be an endless contest by officials to be the last one to meet with the President before a decision is made.

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Dick may not smoke enough weed to get a Libertarian nomination.

9. Dick Whitman

The other candidate that I remember being like that was Michele Bachmann. She would have a conversation with some loony toon five minutes before a debate, and then spout whatever nonsense she was exposed to as fact during the course of it. You're exactly right. That's what Trump does. That's why I keep comparing him to a letter-to-the-editor writer to the daily rag. They see some meme, and it's off to the races.

10. YankeeFan

Who knows enough to be President?

Were Barack Obama or George W. Bush prepared to be Commander in Chief on day one?

Hell, you still can't define an Obama Doctrine.

Do we have any idea what a Hillary Clinton foreign policy would look like?

She voted for the Iraq war, but now calls it a mistake.

She was the instigator for our intervention in Libya, which is now a failed state.

She says we should put in a no fly zone in Syria, but that we'll beat ISIS without ground troops -- other than ground troops who serve in special forces, or who are trainers, or enablers.

She thought we could reset our relationship with Russia. She failed, but now tries to demonize Trump for trying to maintain an atmosphere that would allow him to work with Russia.

She'll be a disaster, who's top foreign policy adviser will be Sidney Blumenthal.

Earthman likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

Please post a link to this quote.

12. Dick Whitman

My neighbor should be president. He doesn't know anything, either. But, hell, who does?

I'm not engaging in this conversation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.