1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Well, I look forward to a detailed response in your favorite game, Both Sides Do It: Private Server Email Booglaoo

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I said something similar much earlier in the thread. Looking strictly at the grassroots nature of Hitler's rise it's impressive, if you can forget about the genocide and stuff. Trump's not capable of doing what Hitler did. He's an eighth grader running for class president who says whatever makes his audience cheer.

"And when I'm president there will be no more homework."

Cafeteria erupts in applause.

"I'm going to make the teachers do the homework!"

And the jocks and stoners give him a standing ovation.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

People who compare Trump or Bush or every Republican to Hitler should not have graduated from eighth grade.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Norman had a better year.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

She's going to be a disaster as president.

Huma, and who knows who else, will be running the country.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump, on the other hand, will get the best people to run the country. The Best!

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Let's review the bidding, staffwise. Clinton has a small group of trusted loyalists around her. That's how almost all Presidential candidates operate. Reagan had that, B Clinton had that, Bushes 1 and 2, Obama, etc. Trump has a kaleidoscope of shifting personnel which has now settled into a party hack spokesman who worked for his biggest rival in the primaries, a campaign manager with a history of anti-Semitism, and a backstage adviser who just got canned from a big gig for sexual harassment. I have said this on another message board, but the biggest GOP talent pool for the executive branch is big business executives. Can you imagine any CEO of a real business leaving their job to be a Cabinet officer treated by Trump the way he treats Christie?

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The (well, this) issue with Herself isn't that she has a very small inner circle. The issue is that she, along with that inner circle, exhibit a fetish for secrecy that, time and again, leads to their finding their collective ass in a crack. @Dick Whitman notes that Trump doesn't know anything about the world, which is absolutely true. What's also true is that, apparently, Herself doesn't know anything about the world either. Because only someone unbelievably ignorant about how the world works -- or someone who's, you know, insane -- could continue to believe that "they won't find out." If history has taught us anything, it's that they always find out: "But Mousie, thou art no thy lane."

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Only the very best white nationalists will be allowed to serve!

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.