1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah. My sister was pushing that one on FB the other night. It leaves out the age factor as well. I resisted commenting, though. I don't need a Starman family dispute on my hands.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A summary - not full records.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any of those "talking points," but I'd imagine the over-the-top, "SHE MUST BE HIDING THE CANCERAIDS!!!!!!" conspiracy theories are largely an issue only because A) she's a Clinton and a meanypants Liar McLiarson, and B) because people think she looks more frail than she actually is because she's an older woman (perhaps especially compared to Trump, who while not the physical specimen he thinks he is, cuts a somewhat imposing figure).

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Well, the man did choke on a pretzel and pass out they refused to discuss it much and it went away. And his father threw up on the Japanese prime minister and no one thought he was dying, despite his age. Your point is legit, but your examples are flawed.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Raise your hand if you as a patient would be happy simply to be given a one-page summary of a physical exam. Or to be more accurate, raise your hand if you are an insurance company who'd accept that from a 70-year old seeking a new policy.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Also, it is a summary from a gastroenterologist, not an internist, whose history includes the sham letter he previously wrote for Trump declaring him the awesomest candidate in the history of the presidency.

Inky_Wretch and HanSenSE like this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And just because we're sj.com ... maybe he picked up something from his daughter?

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

What's amazing to me about this story is that the Post has been doing such a kick ass job on looking into his charitable givings, the Times is basically pretending it doesn't exist. They'd rather pretend something isn't news unless they get there first than follow a story by their rival. It's really a sad media development. On one hand, you have Dean Baquet saying he'd be willing to go to prison to publish Trump's tax returns at the Pulitzer100 summit, but he can't be bothered to dispatch a reporter to do a follow on proof that Trump is essentially a grifter.

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

This is an opinion I strongly disagree with. Did Clinton actually harm you personally? Because I don't understand this level of hatred otherwise.

Disagree with her and Bill Clinton? Fine. Perfectly reasonable. But you are totally around the bend when it comes to hating everything Clinton.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Rope-a-dope.

Trump is floating like a butterfly, and stinging like a bee.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He does sum up Hillary pretty well.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.