1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

By next week, they'll have Hillary helping one of her Secret Service agents who stumbled, and nearly fell.

But this past weekend, it was Chelsea who returned the favor when her mother was sick and needed help getting into a van.

“I didn’t see the video, but my mom did come over to my apartment afterward and I was just so grateful I got a chance to take care of her for a little while. She has taken care of me my whole life,” said Clinton.

Interview: Chelsea Clinton on Family Life, Her Mother's Campaign and More

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

None of those bolded lines are factually incorrect - unless, of course, you got your WebMD Diagnosing A Person Via Video degree and think Clinton "passed out."

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think I like "nearly collapsed" best.

Yes. If "nearly collapsed" means not hitting the ground because you were flanked by two Secret Service agents who caught you, then yes, she "nearly collapsed".

For anyone else, it would have simply been a collapse.

I'm not sure how we're even debating this. She was going down.

old_tony likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, you did. You claimed you would trust Dickie to be president, but not to do other jobs, including repairing espresso machines.

Unless you meant by "reading comprehension issues," you meant that the issue was me seeing through your bullshit.

It's one of your hiding places when pushed on you support for Trump. Rather than claim he is actually qualified for the job, you argue that he will be a figurehead and Congress will keep him in check.

5. Inky_Wretch

"Collapse - (of a person) fall down and become unconscious, typically through illness or injury"

Was she unconscious? How do you know?

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ, you're even starting to sound like him.

bigpern23 and YankeeFan like this.
  7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It's as if you refuse to admit what is on the video. I can only guess you haven't seen it yet.

8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

William Shatner at 85 in better shape than Hillary at 68

9. Inky_Wretch

I've seen it. But I can't tell if she was unconscious.

She might have been "passed out." She might have just been very weak. But it's impossible to say either way - definitively - without slipping on partisan glasses.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You dumb fuck. She was pulling gum off her shoe. Try to keep up! :cool:

HanSenSE and old_tony like this.
  11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

His claim he hits it 270 or 280 is such utter horseshit. If he can drive one 270 right now, I'll eat a box of Titleists and vote for him.

Dick Whitman and Riptide like this.
  12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Q: Oh, please. I’ll grant he’s a bit rough around the edges, but that’s because he’s a nonpolitician. He’s also a brilliant businessman who made billions of dollars.

A: I might believe that claim if he would release his tax returns, or if six of his businesses hadn’t gone bankrupt, or if he hadn’t been involved in more than 4,000 lawsuits, or if he didn’t routinely shortchange his suppliers or stiff his charities.

Q: Spoken like an elitist who doesn’t know what it’s like to run a business.

A: The successful entrepreneurs I know run their businesses with prudence, openness and integrity.

Q: Still, you can’t argue with success.

A: What Mr. Trump has achieved isn’t success. It’s notoriety. He has more in common with Kanye West than he does with Steve Wynn. And he isn’t just rough around the edges. He’s rotten to the core.

NeverTrump for Dummies

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.