1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Canadian born though. Not eligible to be president.

2. YankeeFan

I was just talking about his balance.

No opinion on his distance off the tee.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Two more posts and still ducking it? Or was there a response to the Bush email thing and I missed it? I hope I didn't miss it. It's fun to watch people twist themselves into rhetorical pretzels.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Is there a case of the Bush Administration setting up an illegal and insecure server for the purpose of hiding their emails? I've apparently missed this story. Or are the lefties here just lying AGAIN?

justgladtobehere likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

New CBS/NYT poll out this morning. +2 Clinton among likely voters in a two way race. Tied among likely voters in a four way race.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Clearly another outlier poll!

7. YankeeFan

LOL. LA Times is up to +6 Trump.

It's not really +6 Trump, but the movement in the poll reflects the overall movement in the race.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

To repeat myself. So far in this race. neither candidate has been able to consolidate their high points of support, which have fluctuated due to events such as the conventions or this week, Clinton getting sick. Since this trend has gone on since May when it became apparent these would be the two nominees, I think it's reasonable to expect it will continue through the campaign. The result will depend on which candidate catches the last event wave.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

When was the last time domething went right for her?

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The convention. Also when she defeated Sanders in California. In the aftermath of those events, her lead in national polling went up to between 5-10 points. It is possible Trump's Putin remarks in the Matt Lauer interview might have given her a little boost had she not fallen ill so publicly four days later. Barring something we can't predict, the debates would seem to be the next event that could give either candidate a boost. Clinton seems to do best with the public when she's just out front alone, like Benghazi hearings. That's why it's political malpractice she doesn't do it as often as possible rather than hiding from it.

11. YankeeFan

Could Trump appoint the first openly gay Supreme Court Justice? LOL.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"I can't go to war today, Mommy."

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.