1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

August 8th, the 538 "Now Cast" gave Trump a 3.6% chance to win the election. It's now at 38.8%.

Are some here still going to try and argue against the idea that Trump has gained on her, and has the momentum.

I think he's really caught her flat footed. He's gotten to the left of her on some issues, and she doesn't know how to respond.

He's actually convinced folks that he's the champion of the little guy, and she is contemptuous of them -- belittling them as a basket of deplorables.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I was going to mention the left's denial of Hillary's health woes over there, but I would get accused of bringing politics to a non-political thread.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm surprised the "basket of deplorables" comment seems to have had an effect. It's tough to imagine a voter, committed to one candidate, then deciding, "You know? She insulted the other guy's voters. I'm voting for him instead now."

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

I don't know. The Enquirer says she's gained 100lbs. That would put her right around 230.

Why won't she release her weight? LOL.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Todd Frazier has a higher batting average than Daniel Murphy. First, you have to subtract 50 points from Murphy's average. Then, you have to randomly add 50 points to Frazier's average. But once you do that - voila - higher!

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Trump loves calling women fat pigs, so if Hillary's weight is an issue, we won't have to remind him to mention it.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Look, Ma. I'm an elite!

dixiehack likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

She doesn't have to. The media does this work for her.

The same media that tried to shut down any talk of her health, now knows it's a bad issue for her.

So now, despite no evidence of poor health, they want to call Trump's health into question, as a means to neutralizing the issue.

But, it won't work. She took a dive on a beautiful, non-sweltering day, while he holds rallies in the heat, where attendees pass out, as he goes on.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You're right about what she should have done, but I don't think that moved the polls so much as the fainting/stumbling/whatever video, which was genuinely disconcerting.

10. YankeeFan

Only Rosie O'Donnell!

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump is about 6-2, at best, right now. There's a photo from a few years ago from his wedding with the Clintons. He and Bill (6-2) are almost identical in height. Of course, given the natural shrinkage that occurs as you age, he might be shorter now.

As for his weight ... well, his tailor does a very good job of camouflaging Trump's build. Kudos on that. (Where does Trump get his suits? Are they Trump-branded?)

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is Joe Flacco?

Ace and old_tony like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.