1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

As they always say, you can tell who won a debate by turning the sound off. He'll win, using that test.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Either or both.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

LOL yeah, that would be sort of fitting.

But again: Hillary being in shitty health doesn't make Trump a suitable candidate for President.

4. Justin_Rice

I googled "you can tell who won a debate by turning the sound off."

It appears when you say, "as they always say ..." what you meant was, "as no one ever says."

5. Dick Whitman

Yeah, Americans are totally about substance.

FileNotFound likes this.
  6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

His latest rally aside, Trump is still firmly in the "If he doesn't shit his pants or call Hillary a c---, then he did better than expected" category.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'd vote for any candidate, alive or dead, over Trump. Makes no difference what happens from here on out.

But if she has an episode up there, it's going to look very bad. I haven't kept track of all of YankeeFan's conspiracy theories, but there is something to the one about her not having spent a huge amount of time on her feet lately, right?

9. Justin_Rice

I'm certain there is.

It's just baffling. I understand disagreeing with liberals. I understand disagreeing with Hillary Clinton.

I don't understand looking at Donald Trump, picturing him mentioning the size of his cock during the state of the union or handcuffing diplomatic efforts because Putin said he had small hands, and thinking, "Yup - we should totally make that guy President."

LongTimeListener likes this.
  10. Dick Whitman

It's a perfect storm. He was able to de-sensitize people to his nonsense during the primaries, when he lucked his way into the nomination due to a bizarre confluence of circumstances. Also, people have short memories. They don't even care about the Khan thing any more, let alone a dick joke during a debate that only people like us watched.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  11. Justin_Rice

It's a perfect storm of stupidity.

"Har har har look at Hillary promising free stuff!"

"Here's some examples of Trump promising free stuff."

"BENGHAZZZIIIIII! EMAILS!!!!"

Riptide, dixiehack and Baron Scicluna like this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He does have one significant problem in the general election debates. The recent Quinnipiac poll found over 60 percent of likely voters didn't think he's qualified to be President. He can't get too weird in these. He's got to keep at least one foot on planet Earth to do well, just as Clinton has to answer every question with direct sentences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.