1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Not anymore it's not. It's what he needed to say to win the primary, so he said it. Now he's someone completely different.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I know liberals are reaching full panic mode, and there is plenty of reason for anxiety. The stakes seem much, much higher than they were for Romney & McCain. But it's, depressingly, a long way to election day. You have YF with one foot in the "I won't bet my sig for a week on his win" and the other in "It looks like he might win in a blowout." The touchdown dances from people who were ready to hang themselves four weeks ago are a bit much.

I remain unconvinced that "Free media!" is an effective GOTV campaign. Are all these deplorables registered? Will they know where to go on election day? Will they be excited to get to the polls? Who is organizing the buses that show up at retirement homes and drive hundreds of scared old people to their polling place? Who is calling, knocking on doors, saying "Have you voted yet? Make sure you get to the polls."

People here often think: That's absurd, of course people will vote.

But they don't. That's why Obama's GOTV operation won him his second election. They killed Romney in that area.

Bad media coverage may not affect him. Bad debate performances may not affect him. He still needs an inside straight to win, and the logic mostly points to him needing Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Would seem like it would be a real hot button issue

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Only for reasoning people.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

HRC will win in an electoral landslide.

Double Down likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You and I basically live in the same city. How many of those do you know?

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm going to be off the grid this weekend. Very much looking forward to it. You all know my forecast. Many plot twists yet to come, outcome unknown. So I feel I can take a break for golf, seafood and alcohol.

cranberry likes this.
  8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Who the hell do you think does "create" jobs? They sure as fuck do't appear out of thin air.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Who do you consider to be the other world powers?

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well, yes, much like this message board, most people seem to have their mind made up. I'm to the point that I think Trump could fuck a goat onstage and not drop more than a point or two. Still, I can't help but think that there are rational, thinking people who normally vote Republican who are unhappy with the available choice that the GOP has stuck them with.

I understand where you are coming from though. Logic and rational thinking seem to have gone right out the damn window this year. I hope to God that this sort of election pattern does not stick going forward. There can't be many people that can say and do as much stupid shit as Trump and get away with it in the same way.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Uh-oh. Tony's back from the bar. :mad:

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump campaign issues statement saying Donald acknowledges Obama was born in the USA. Another flip-flop. SAD! WEAK!

Baron Scicluna and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.