1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I reject the entire "you can't understand his appeal" notion. We're not blind. We see him. He's on every channel. His persona is out there, and if his appeal resonated ... well, it would. It doesn''t.

Not to mention there's a little bit of that "I'm just a smidgeon smarter than the rest of you" in that statement.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A reminder...

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Whatever the roots -- The Donald breathed what was a nearly burnt-out ember back to life when the only people still pinning their hopes on that were the far-right loonies and racists.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

His reality show? Yes, I'm sure his show was not heavily edited to make himself look good.

He's shown his ass enough when he's not on script or can't be edited. Apparently it doesn't matter to the buffoons who will vote for him.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Kat Heigl plays Ivanka in the biopic.

7. YankeeFan

It doesn't have to resonate with you, but if you still can't understand why it resonates with millions, then you aren't paying attention, or you are willfully blind to it.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think people are just frustrated at it. Hillary Climton never gets to live down the 1990s. Donald Trump gets forgiven for what he said two hours ago.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

Hillary Clinton never personally said that Obama was not born in America.

Sure, the movement started with "die hard Hillary supporters."

Sure, the Clinton campaign leaked the picture of Obama in "native Muslim garb" to Drudge.

Sure, Mark Penn crafted a strategy to portray Obama as "other" and not having "American roots".

Sure, Obama was angry at Hillary -- and told her so according to Reggie Love's book -- because her staff was spreading rumors that he was Muslim.

Sure, Obama refused to let Hillary hire Sid Blumenthal because of his role in the rumor mongering.

But Hillary never personally said it.

LOL. Sounds like a winning strategy.

The media is so thrilled that this is back in the news. They're sure it's going to hurt Trump.

But Trump is going to dump this in Hillary's lap today, and put her on the defensive on the issue. I can't wait.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

She tweeted about it earlier. I audibly groaned.

11. YankeeFan

When you call a guy a Nazi, and say he committed treason, people reject it, and it inoculates you from other criticism from the same people.

His detractors have no one to blame but themselves.

They should have concentrated on his lack of knowledge and experience. But, they couldn't help themselves. They had to try to personally destroy him. It only made him stronger.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump spoke at a black church this week in Flint Michigan. He apparently said he hasn't seen this many black women in one place since he walked into the housekeeping department at the Trump Tower in Chicago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.