1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I like it as well.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Me too. Liverwurst with coleslaw on Rye is a fantastic sandwich.

4. Inky_Wretch

It speaks to the lower bar Trump has compared to any other politician - including my neighbor running for school board.

Of course, the funniest thing about this is Trump just admitted he was duped for many years by a stupid conspiracy theory started by a supporter of Hillary Clinton. So much for being the smartest man in the room.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

But look at his statement -- he admits a mistake (politicians get big points for that "honesty") AND he gets to turn it on Hillary.

Frankly, it was brilliant.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Aren't people trying to hold him responsible for this?

Wasn't there an attempt to hold Bernie responsible for the ugliness of the "Bernie Bros."?

The idea that you can't blame Clinton, because they were good at keeping their fingerprints off of it is hysterical.

Barack Obama blamed Clinton for rumors, but we shouldn't:

“I want to apologize for the whole Shaheen thing,” Clinton said. “I want you to know I had nothing to do with it.”

The candidate very respectfully told her the apology was kind, but largely meaningless, given the emails it was rumored her camp had been sending out labeling him as a Muslim. Before he could finish his sentence, she exploded on Obama. In a matter of seconds, she went from composed to furious. It had not been Obama’s intention to upset her, but he wasn’t going to play the fool either. To all of us watching the spat unfold, it was an obvious turning point in our campaign, and we knew it. Clinton was no less competitive or committed to a cause than Obama, and the electric tension running through both candidates and their respective staffs reflected the understanding that she was no longer the de facto Democratic candidate. Her inevitability had been questioned. . . .

The moment Obama knew he would beat Hillary Clinton for the 2008 nomination

Oh, and again, can someone please tell me why Hillary was not allowed to hire Sid Blumenthal at the State Department?

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

She would still be parsing away why she didn't actually mean what she said in the first place.

8. YankeeFan

I give up...

What's a sandwich we can all agree that no one likes?

How about this one: "Hillary Clinton is a ketchup sandwich."

9. Inky_Wretch

I look forward to you condemning Trump and/or Trump's campaign for the actions of his supporters.

10. YankeeFan

LOL. The media got played by Trump -- again -- and they're pissed!!

11. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Tongue

12. YankeeFan

What's the standard?

I'll let you define. Which ever way you choose, and we'll go with your standard moving forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.