1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I've said similar.

He'll be the least ideological president elected in at least a generation.

Just as there's no republican or democratic way to plow the streets, Trump's not interested in being married to republican ideology in his quest to Make America Great Again.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

But we've been told for almost eight years running that not only would conservative ideology make this country prosperous, it was the ONLY way to make this country prosperous.

All those people who have been saying that, again, for EIGHT STRAIGHT YEARS, yourself included, are now enthusiastically supporting a wishy-washy, pandering erstwhile liberal because, why?

Were you going for the biggest "lol, jk" in history?

HanSenSE, YankeeFan and Double Down like this.
  3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Sorry I was off by a quarter. The idea that things were great when Bush took office is bullshit and you know it.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So you want to blame Bush for Dodd-Frank and the CRA? Explain.

And it's really easy to manipulate the unemployment number when you don't count the millions who are no longer eligible to collect unemployment but still aren't working. Labor participation rate is the lowest in decades. If you don't count the people NOT working, it's really easy to claim a great unemployment number.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

As opposed the lying, corrupt alternative?

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I would have paid to watch at least one roundtable where both Taibbi and HST had a seat.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    FileNotFound likes this.
  7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I just got another email owing to my long-ago GOP rally attendance and presence in the database.

It's from Trump.

Subject line: "you're deplorable"

Honestly, Hillary wishes her focus-group administrators had the guy's ear for a catchy phrase.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You ought to see the ones I get from Herself since I contributed to her campaign. Most are versions of "Buy Azithromycin Without A Prescription!" but I know what they're illuding* to ...

*Just for you @YankeeFan ...

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

All those people are enthusiastic about Trump? Really?

The deal is conservatives aren't thrilled with him. Haven't you been listening to them? Remember Ted Cruz at the RNC?

They're on board because it's the least objectionable of the alternatives. Do they believe Donald Trump is going to make America great again? Probably not. But they believe he'll enforce immigration laws, allow Congress to dismantle Obamacare and lower taxes to encourage companies to do business in the U.S. And he's infinitely more likely to nominate a conservative Supreme Court justice than Hillary ('cause her probability is zero).

10. MisterCreosote

Yes.

Shady liar >>>>>> Incompetent liar.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Employment number is calculated the same way, no mater who is POTUS.

12. MisterCreosote

Enthusiastic or not, they're still selling out their conservative values.

And, at least this board's most prominent "conservative" is positively giddy over Trump.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.