1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

I don't know why you did that to people. That was long and rambling and dumb. Yes it was racist and still is. I don't know if the argument is particularly logical, because the counter argument is swirling conspiracy theories that pull you deep into the weeds.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

So if we take guns away from Hillary's SS detail, will she be safe? Maybe not, fuckboi says.

Since it seems to be OK for Trump to openly wish for someone to shoot his opponent, maybe I'll wish that he has a heartattack from all the fried food he eats. Could happen?

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Cosmo, that's why the voting public better start using the power of prayer.

Or voodoo dolls.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Found it!

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

How close is Ford's Theater to Trump Motel DC? Not saying anything, just asking.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

"The "if they're so opposed to guns their secret service agents shouldn't have them" argument is one of the stupidest arguments ever.

First, it's a straw man argument. No proof Hillary favors a gun ban.

Second, there's a good reason public figures have armed guards. At any given moment, God knows how many people want to kill them. They receive more death threats in an hour than any of us have in our whole lives.

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I challenge you, Tony, to have an insult-free discussion about the workforce participation rate with me. I'll start.

http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

The wpr is tracked by the BLS back to 1948. It was below today's current rate (62.8) for the first 30 years it was counted.

In 1972 it began a long steady climb up to a peak of 67.3 percent for one month (Jan. 2000).

It then began to trend downwards - only once in the 16 intervening years has the rate been higher from one January to the next (66.0 in January, 2006, to 66.4 in January, 2007).

I submit the workforce participation rate more closely correlates to the working years of the baby boomers, then to the actions of any one president or political party.

How would you account for the 16-year trend downwards, and what specifically should be done to reverse it?

cranberry likes this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I read roughly half, up until the one guy brought up Sheriff Joe. Do I get half a million?

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I will be happy when this long national nightmare is over. In 4.3 or 8.3 years.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You can pull numbers out all you want. The number you should be concerned with is the number of able-bodied adults who are not working. A chunk of those not working now are on welfare and a chunk are on disability -- which has become a major area of fraud and waste. I mean, these are easy questions, but the first questions you need to ask is "Is the population higher now than it was in 1948?" (or course it is) and "If the population is way up but the labor participation rate is way down, why?"

And a question I would like to ask is "Why does the left reflexively make up bullshit to cover for every Obama failure?" Only half of the huge decline in labor participation rate is because of people aging out. Why don't you give a shit about the other half?

Officially, the recession ended in June 2009. So why did the labor participation rate continue to plummet since then? More important, why are so many able-bodied adults not working? And why don't you or Obama care about them?

11. Justin_Rice

The participation rate has been falling since January 2000. If Obama is to blame for its fall since 2009, who is to blame for the fall from 2000-2009, and what did those people do to cause it?

12. Justin_Rice

And to be clear - what is this number, and what do you think it should be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.