1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

We've gone from the 5 Ws and H to pundrity overload.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

They needed Harry Reid to show them how it's done: The floor of the U.S. Senate's a far better venue for shouting out falsehoods.

Harry Reid lied about Mitt Romney’s taxes. He’s still not sorry.

old_tony and YankeeFan like this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Oh, my, the vapors! A political fundraiser! Pearl clutching!

And, BTW, it's also the UN General Assembly this week.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Or work for a campaign, get fired, land a job at CNN and keep advising the guy who fired you.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Typical. You only care about ethical journalism when you don't like the message. Coverage has failed on both sides in this campaign, but you refuse to see the failures that help Trump.

You really have no business talking about journalism ethics. You have no idea what you are talking about and your own ethics shift depending on whether or not you like the story.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We don't care that Hillary trafficked in birtherism in 2008, and we don't want to talk about it.

Just like with Willie Horton, it doesn't matter who first raised the issue, there's a narrative to cement.

7. YankeeFan

More reading comprehension issues for you.

I've repeatedly discussed how Trump benefited due to the failure of the media, including this morning:

old_tony likes this.
  8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Exactly. The cables loved Trump in the summer of '15 when they were getting ratings they did not expect. Now faced
    with the strong possiblilty that he could win they are trying to put the genie back in the bottle but it's too late.

It's like the line by Capt Willard from Apocalypse Now
    "Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger."

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Again, proving you don't know what you are talking about. Covering an interesting story, such as Trump running for president, is not the same as intentionally trying to swing an election, which is what you are whining about now.

You don't understand media ethics and your post does nothing to refute my statement. It isn't that I don't understand what you are posting, as you falsely claim. It is that I see right through it.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Have you ever not seen through something?

old_tony likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

Let's make it happen!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.