1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They had a four-way, too. Still +5, her and Trump each lose five.

2. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

The debate will be fascinating. Trump off the cuff and Hilary with every action and statement vetted,
    polled and calculated. I could be wrong but it does not seem like that masses want to hear about globalism and measured approach.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Apparently.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't think you are totally off on this, because it's the common knock against her. But sometimes, it starts to feel like it is a way to turn her preparation into a negative against someone who doesn't really prepare much at all.

5. Earthman

They need to start watching morning joe from their caves. He and Zika will set
    them straight.

Ace likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Ninety minutes is a lot of airtime. Someone who isn't prepared risks one of those Rick Perry moments.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They don't seem to affect him. Although, as someone pointed out to me yesterday that I was talking to at work, at the Republican debates he could just lay back when they got into the weeds on policy, then launch his broadsides when he had a chance.

He has managed, though, to turn his lack of preparation into a positive, in many ways. People believe he has reduced problems to their simple essence. He's going to be "very, very tough" and "very, very vigilant" on terror. That's what he said yesterday.

8. Michael_ Gee

That is of course meaningless. Also remember, none of the Republican debates were one-on-one. He can't run a four corners the way he could there.

9. Earthman

Unless your Donald Trump. Based on the Republican debates we've already learned that Trump can
    handle himself in a debate forum.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

We've learned that he can attack people and call names very well. We've learned that he often does not have a clue regarding facts or policy.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Shredding the Constitution Alert!!

Paging @Double Down. We need your condemnation of the Obama Justice Department.

old_tony and poindexter like this.
  12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I am probably totally wrong but I wonder if the Trump "Surge" in the polls may wake up some of the young voters. I saw a poll today that had Hillary losing 17% of the young vote to Johnson since a month or so ago (Trump lost 4% I think). It may seem cool to support Johnson but when the reality of a President Trump becomes stronger I suspect many will come back. This may play out among all voters a bit as well. Who knows.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.