1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Other than the debate he skipped?

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Like I've been saying. He wins on sound bites, she wins on policy. So it'll come down to the swimsuit and talent competitions.

3. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I know! Why isn't anyone looking into or writing about the Clinton Foundation? I mean really.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Trump also fed off the crowds at the GOP debates, which were sort of an upmarket Jerry Springer studio audience that wanted laugh lines and conflict. General election debate watchers aren't supposed to be demonstrative.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The article from June 2015 where he and two other "reporters" felate the Clinton Foundation doesn't count.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

But government isn't a one man show. He will have a Cabinet and can delegate details. All he needs to do is LEAD and make the country FEEL GOOD again, like Reagan did.

Happy Days Are Here Again!

I will not post the rest of the day as I am booed off the stage for this. But there is something to be said for carrying a message and leading, and leaving details to the delegates and advisors.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. Dick Whitman

His opponents and the moderators are always hesitant to challenge him when he doesn't seem to know what the hell he's talking about. I think it's an innate human instinct not to humiliate someone.

9. old_tony

Other than what you would call the "right-wing media," that's a really good question.

10. Dick Whitman

The Associated Press is the "right-wing media"?

11. old_tony

Tell me how the WaPo, NYTimes, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, Time, Newsweek, LATimes, etc. picked up that story and ran with it.

More accurately, I'll tell you how those outfits barely mentioned it and then buried it.

12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

The AP?

edit: I see someone beat me to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.