1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm honestly a little surprised that, for as long as he has been a complete shyster, that no one has unearthed a completely disqualifying smoking gun on the guy yet.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You know I'm right. They treated it like barely anything. If they had the same thing on a Bush Foundation, it would be daily -- oftentimes with at least one sidebar -- coverage for weeks on end. With Bill and Hill, it's one story and then tell everyone that wants some real continuing coverage that it's "old news."

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

When he was in the real financial shit back in the early '90s, plenty of stories pretty much KO'd him from development for awhile. Then came the Apprentice, and he went on to the profitable and much easier celebrity brand selling game.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I know that.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You're full of shit, but you've demonstrated that here so there's no more need for me to delve into it.

6. Michael_ Gee

Asked at a forum if she thinks Trump is fit to be commander in chief, Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) refused to answer the question. She's already said she's voting for him. This isn't just cowardice, it's stupid cowardice.

7. Michael_ Gee

Sorry. No blue font, though.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

She and Rubio are running a tight race for who is the most gutless person this election cycle.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He has breezed through a dozen different things that would have disqualified George Washington. Amazing.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'll agree that it's both gutless and stupid, but it happens every cycle.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Nice "what iffing."

How about this?

What if the New York Times had been more skeptical of Bush and Co's claims of Iraq being behind the 9/11 attacks and having WMDs and all that?

Wonder if we'd be better off or worse off than what the times actually did, which was to help sell the fabricated reasons to invade to the American public.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.