1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It's the bed of nails trick. One or two or a handful would leave him a bloody, disfigured mess. A couple hundred or more and nothing penetrates.

Ace likes this.
  2. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Unlike Their Parents, Black Millennials Aren’t A Lock For Clinton

A piece from 538 that focuses on young black voters not being all in on Clinton. Something like 2% of young blacks support Trump and the rest are either Hillary, not voting or Stein or Johnson. Perhaps I have too much faith in people but I think that when a possible Trump win is on the table most of these people will hold their nose and vote for Clinton.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Heard a political columnist saying the same thing today on a local show. Trump makes so many gaffes, tells so many lies, says so many outrageous things that none of them stick due to the overwhelming number of them.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You are right. You think they'd learn as it almost always leads to losing.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This reply to Trump's tweet cracked me up:

bigpern23 and HC like this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Need @MisterCreosote's take on this:

“Sometimes I am criticized in my own country for professing a belief in international norms and multilateral institutions,” Obama told the assembly of foreign diplomats. “But I am convinced in the long run, giving up some freedom of action, not giving up our ability to protect ourselves or pursue our core interests, but binding ourselves to the international rules over the long-term enhances our security.”

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I love the reply, but look how disingenuous Trump's tweet is. The suspect was what? 7 when we were "told he was OK?"

Stupid system should have known!

The subtext, of course, is we can't trust any Muslims.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

This is exactly what stands for "political discourse" in a nutshell.

"Media never criticizes your guy."
    ---"Yes, they do. Link1, Link2, Link3, Link4."
    "Sure, one time. But they didn't keep at it, keep investigating. IF IF IF IF IF IF IF it had been my guy, there would have been a lead-sidebar-analysis-editorial every day for weeks on end."

That's really it. An argument that is complete bullshit, but that can never be proven wrong.

It's like two college football fans watching the same play, and then seeing the replay 6 times.
    "Yep, it was pass interference."
    ---"No way. He went for the ball."

Only now we get . . .
    "Dow hit another record today. Unemployment rate at 7-year low. Inflation negligible."
    ---"No way. First president ever to not have a single quarter of 3 percent growth."

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    LongTimeListener likes this.
  9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

"They never criticize your candidate" is to politics as "You never say anything good about Podunk U." is to sports.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Just one of those odd little twists. The Jersey cop who first approached the bomber and got shot is a Democratic town committeeman.

11. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Valid question. Judith Miller and NYT were complicit in helping the White House make Iraq case as were many influential democrats. The Times has really never fully recovered in terms of credibility

12. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

It's been this way since the anti-Federalists called Hamilton and Madison a couple of Nazis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.