1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

It's a newspaper in California. Try to keep up, champ.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I wonder how different the polls would be if Jonathan Stewart was still on the air.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hey Dummy, both sides do repugnant things.

But, only one side is expected to disown their nominee for doing these thinks.

Supporters of only one party are shamed by the media for supporting a candidate who did repugnant things.

Why is that?

old_tony likes this.
  4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The latest success story from the Jon Stewart/John Oliver family tree. (Colbert is equally successful, but his schtick is different.) Specializes in monologues designed to be shared online with headlines like "Samantha Bee CRUSHSLAYS Roger Ailes and Fox News."

While I share their politics for the most part, I've grown weary of the entire cottage industry.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Reading this breaks my heart:

West Virginia's 'forgotten tribe'; why the white working class feels left behind - CNNPolitics.com

I have not paid enough attention to how hard life can be for those who don't have alternatives. I understand how the people of WV would not vote for someone who would kill their jobs. I sincerely wish their choice was someone besides Mr. Trump.

Can we get those places back to productivity? My parents instilled in me the need for higher education and for that I'm grateful. What choices did those people have? Can we stimulate their economy while lowering the coal output? I honestly never thought of it. Why not bring the overseas manufacturing to those parts of the country? I don't know.

6. Big Circus

I'm sure the Cameron Artis-Payne Show can give you 3/4 of the yuks.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

(I actually knew this. But she's irrelevant. She doesn't seem to recognize this though, even though the only way they can get her tweets in my timeline is to pay to promote them. Has anything she's done gone legitimately viral?)

8. Big Circus

You sandbagging son of a bitch!

Her stuff does get passed around the liberal Twittersphere quite a bit. I'd be lying if I said I paid nearly enough attention to know how organic her reach is, but it does get out there.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

I just heard Trump interviewed about the bombings in NY/NJ:

- "We're too political correct these days."
    - "We're not tough enough."
    - "We're gonna knock the hell out of them."

What a fucking buffoon.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

What do you think his top 3 mile splits are?

11. Dick Whitman

He's a golf man.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The terrain is rough as hell. Mountains, steep valleys. My dad described WV as basically being ravines, with each ravine having a creek/river, a road, a railroad and mines scattered about. Hell, from what I saw, a lot of houses have stilts and actually overhang the creeks.

The remoteness and roughness, combined with the distance from Richmond and the Civil War politics (Union occupation), all factored into a West VA being broken off from the rest of VA.

Now if we could just get rid of NoVA too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.