1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Mmmm Hmmm. BTW, you and the missus pondered on where baby YF will be matriculating?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. Being pretty good at Clue isn't really something you put on your presidential resume.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

YF's Home School and Espresso Repair Tech

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The bomb thing was pretty stupid, I'll grant you that. But, if we found out later that it WASN'T actually a bomb, that changes the whole dynamic. It's pretty irresponsible, as potentially the leader of the free world, to jump to conclusions like that prematurely.

Still, I have a hard time mustering up any sympathy for Trump. Talk is all he has. And he never shuts up. He's using the national media as a free GOTV operation. Additional scrutiny of his words comes with the territory.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Despots lie to John Kerry on a regular basis, and each time, he believes their lies.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No, what's absurd is Trump saying those things instead of offering well-reasoned arguments on his positions.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Trump does a good job on his own of looking stupid by making those statements.

8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

9. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be playing the laundry game regarding Kerry "believing" lies. Dplomats are diplomats for a reason. You have to be pretty good at taking and giving out BS.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

YF! Careful!! This sounds a bit like child abuse.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

All his knee-jerk supporters tolerate (ignore) the atrocity, too.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Oh my. Jackson Diehl has a case of the vapors over this, does he? I'm shocked. News flash: There are no "good guys" in Syria's civil war, so the outside world must deal with bad actors to reach a solution and save lives. Half a fucking million people have been killed, millions more maimed and injured, and we have the worst resulting refugee crisis since WWII. Nobody with a brain thought this ceasefire wouldn't be severely tested, most likely by the Syrian government and Russia, as was the case here. Calling the ceasefire off or exacerbating the fragile chances to make diplomatic progress over this incident didn't make sense in the long-term view. It will likely collapse soon enough and even more people will be killed, then Jackson Diehl will have daily atrocities from which to choose.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.