1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Trump: I would implement nationwide stop and frisk policing

The NYPD began scaling back stops under former NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly even before Scheindlin's decision and accelerated the trend former NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton came in with Mayor de Blasio in 2014.

The number of stops reported by cops subsequently fell 97% from a high of 685,700 in 2011 to 22,900 in 2015.

And during that time, crime in New York not only didn't rise, it fell to record lows.

Ace likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

bigpern23 likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

New NBC/WSJ poll. Underneath topline numbers (Clinton by 7 in two-way, 6 in four-way) is the following fascinating statistic. In their favorable/unfavorable questions, the poll allows people to choose "neutral," which I think is a good thing. Well, 10 percent of respondents were neutral towards, and same percentage towards Trump. Gotta be the same people, right?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He is the worst of America stuffed into a nacho cheese casing, and he is emblematic of the kind of arrogant, flag-waving, trashy, racist moron that the rest of us have to DRAG kicking and screaming into the 21st century: Cliven Bundy, Sean Hannity, Kim Davis, and on and on and on. Trump voters are the people who have spent the past decade or so voting insipid obstructionists into office, sending death threats to anyone who even mentions the idea of gun control, demanding 100% tax cuts on millions of dollars they can only daydream about making, and getting suckered in by any Oil Party candidate waving a NO GAYS flag.

If You Vote For Trump, Then Screw You

Ace likes this.
  5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I've got a pen and I've got a phone.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Just like all presidents have had and used. Seems to me the courts have overruled him any number of times and the legislatures has moved on as little as possible of his agenda. Yet, somehow, his approval ratings are around 53 pct. Obama has been not just a good president but a great president.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Tracey Patton, an executive with the Trump Foundation who for her own sake I hope is on LinkedIn right now, told the Des Moines Register that it was OK if the foundation purchased goods, services or paid fees for Trump himself because some of the money in the foundation belongs to him. I know I wouldn't happy if an employee defended me by accusing me of tax fraud.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm supposed to be mortally embarrassed to vote for Trump, but our CIA director thinks voting for Gus Hall and the Communist Party USA in the 1976 election is a charming, funny story to tell at a charity dinner.

And no in the media has beaten him up for it.

9. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

I mean, it more suggest he was white as hell, which... to be fair he was white as hell.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's far more acceptable.

Donald Trump is a fucking circus act who has not been relevant in the real world in at least 25 years and this is a shameful chapter in the history of American electoral politics.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You know, I heard the song "Mrs. Robinson" on the radio today, and one verse struck me as being very timely:

Sitting on a sofa on a Sunday afternoon
    Going to the candidates' debate
    Laugh about it, shout about it
    When you've got to choose
    Every way you look at this you lose.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The Lemonheads were ahead of their time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.