1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

You are the lawyer Dick. Wouldn't the immunity deals make it easier to prosecute Hillary? Or am I totally off base?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Neither do Trump's handlers.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hell, if I was Trump, I'd put together an ad that was nothing but 30 seconds of clips of those guys saying "On advice of counsel I respectfully decline to answer and assert my Fifth Amendment privilege."

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Given how the various Congressional Committees have treated HRC, if I were one of those people I'd take the fifth or refuse to answer without immunity too. Not because I was guilty, but because otherwise any time a tea party Republican needed some publicity I'd be facing yet another round of subpoenas.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yes.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The Cheryl Mills news is odd though.

They let her claim attorney client privilege, and attend Hillary's interview.

There's some question whether she should have been granted this privilege, and it's been criticized by many on the right.

I'm shocked that she also received immunity.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yes, I get that part.

8. BadgerBeer

I guess the optics are bad if one assumes that the public (or the Republican voter) is very, very stupid and doesn't understand the reasoning behind immunity. Damn...you are correct, the optics are terrible.

Ace and cranberry like this.
  9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yup. The Deplorables and the run-of-the-mill idiots will think there is something damning about this. That's about it.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yeah, as I said, I can't imagine why anyone would think someone refusing to answer questions to avoid self-incrimination could be an indication that a crime might have occurred.

11. BadgerBeer

But that has nothing to do with immunity. In fact it is almost the complete opposite.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

But then the country would be full of Red Sox fans.

Earthman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.