1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

And this is precisely why the IT guys would take the Fifth. These guys aren't lawyers. They're going along their merry way, doing what they're asked to do. Suddenly, the FBI has launched a full-scale investigation.

They didn't take the Fifth because they knew they had committed a crime. They took the Fifth because they didn't know if what they thought was OK to do at the time was, in actuality, a crime.

2. Dick Whitman

What a fucking pussy.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Nobody would search my possessions without a warrant or a grant of immunity.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL.

The WSJ points out that it's the literal truth, which is the opposite of a lie:

While that is a literal description of how he started in business, the story omits significant additional loans and gifts Mr. Trump received in the early years when he was building his real-estate empire, some of which are described in a document reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

Further loans were for specific deals Donald was working on.

He could have paid interest to a bank, or to his father.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"I know he accused my father of being involved in killing JFK and insulted my wife, but I'll still vote for him because he's got an R next to his name."

6. Dick Whitman

I get what da man is saying, though. I don't get the feeling that he doesn't understand that, in actuality, the grant of immunity or taking the Fifth are reasonable things to do. He's just saying that it's a bad look, politically, whether that's rational or not.

7. Dick Whitman

Typical liberal media.

8. YankeeFan

I know you agree with me on this.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It's a bad look politically to The Deplorables and other idiots who can easily be persuaded of such nonsense, sure. I said that a few pages ago.

10. YankeeFan

Someone better check on Glenn Beck.

This Ted Cruz endorsement might break him. Better take away his belt and shoe laces just to be careful.

11. YankeeFan

As you might expect, ted Cruz was a little more eloquent:

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

They aren't lawyers but they took the Fifth on the advice of counsel. Just sayin'.

Hey, look, all I've said here is that the optics are awful, and I don't think it's just Tea Party members and Trump Train riders who are seeing all this and thinking, "Man, this looks really shady" (which I think one of the IT guys wrote to another in an e-mail that came out somewhere along the way)..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.