1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Which one?

2. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I knew you would go there and I must admit that I laughed. Two thumbs up!!!

old_tony likes this.
  3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

No one has ever played a worse hand of political poker than Cruz in 2016. Trump stole his manhood, humiliated him, offered to help rehab him and was rebuffed, then got his endorsement anyway for nothing.

Clinton Derangement is a crippling disease for the GOP.

4. BadgerBeer

I would not disagree with you but all that really proves is that "the vast majority of Americans" are fuckng ignorant. I understand that many feel left out and scared but they are also incredibly fucking stupid. Nobody with competent counsel would submit to an FBI search without a warrant or immunity.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I know what's best for the country, but I don't know what would be more fun for me on this board: Reading the same bullshit, except more frenzied and futile, after Clinton wins, or reading your defenses of Trump after he drives the country into the toiler when he wins.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The polls prove that there are lots of people with barely functional brains out there. That's what makes it a bad look - not that it wasn't a smart or appropriate thing to do, but that it looks bad to the people who just throw a quick look at the surface or only have three brain cells to rub together.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

This "story" doesn't even show up on the radar for people with "barely functional brains.." The folks you describe barely know there's an election and for those who have that minimal level of awareness, the debate on Monday is by far the biggest election topic right now and will be all weekend.

8. BadgerBeer

I totally get dumbshits falling for Trump's crap but how do intelligent people like some on this board look at this election and think..."Yes, Trump is the better choice ". He isn't even a conservative and there is no reason to believe anything he says. Hell, I am not sure that he wouldn't end up being fairly left on many subjects. But he is incompetent and entirely unfit to be President. In fact other than maybe Tony, I don't believe anyone on this board will actually end up voting for that stooge. I think it is performance art.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The drivers for otherwise intelligent Republicans who are willing to overlook that Trump is a horrible human being and ignorant on foreign and domestic policy are SCOTUS appointments (which he's already promised to get this far) and the liklihood he will rubber stamp GOP legislation on taxes, budget, regulation, etc. I believe Trump would toe the party line.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Sigh ... would that everyone were as smart as Herself's supporters. But for those benighted souls who aren't smitten with her, we'd be one step closer to the promised land.

old_tony likes this.
  11. BadgerBeer

Do you really think he would? He has been pro choice and gay friendly and in favor of universal health care. Couldn't he be a shitty person that will say anything to win?

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Not a chance. Even the most hard core right wing Canadians I know are violently anti-Trump. ;)

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.