1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The political media has become just another special interest group. It cares about itself, period.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You have an issue with Halperin now? He's consistently the most even-keeled, no-bullshit pundit I see out there.

You really don't think Trump should ever have to answer for anything.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Halperin is mostly a star fucker, who loves the sport of politics.

I don't have a problem with him.

It just seemed like an odd thing to be focused on. He really wanted to make a point of it, and get Conway to concede that it was some huge mistake by Trump.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You just don't understand. Trump is a salesman. There's a different standard of honesty for them.

5. YankeeFan

Maybe Halperin -- like Morning Joe -- is desperate to separate himself from Trump.

[​IMG]

6. Dick Whitman

You don't like any time Trump gets called on on anything. Either someone else wasn't called out for doing something mildly similar 15 years ago, or you tell us how irrelevant it is that he doesn't know, say, what continent France is in.

7. YankeeFan

LOL. Sort of true.

I'd hate to see Glenn Kessler at a car dealership.

8. YankeeFan

It just seemed dumb to me.

It was like he was defending poor Lester's honor.

Trump is a tremendously flawed candidate.

But, the criticism of him is rarely what you've pointed out -- that he doesn't know enough to be President, and hasn't spent the past year trying to attain some percentage of that knowledge.

It's always the overblown -- he's Hitler! -- or some inside baseball minutiae -- he said Lester Holt is a Democrat!

I find it really odd.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

To me, the most salient criticism of Trump, aside from his views I deplore, is that he is telling people being President is simple and easy. Either he's lying, or he doesn't know better and is setting himself up for catastrophes without end if he's elected.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. Dick Whitman

I think that's definitely his message, and it seems to resonate: "This job isn't so hard. We just keep electing morons."

I don't know why people seem to want to believe that the job is easy, that our problems are easy to solve. I guess that's more comforting, both that we're one person away from solving everything, and also that they aren't stupid for not understanding the issues themselves. It's just that politicians are trying to dupe them. Believing the presidency is easy is a way for people to give themselves permission to obsess about Brangelina instead of trying to understand the Middle East or rising inequality.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.