1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Some bad, most good. But good ones refuse to squeal on the bad ones for some stupid reason.

HC and YankeeFan like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Pretty much.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's a union thing, you wouldn't understand.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Only in your demented, Trumpian worldview.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

This is the one - and possibly only - thing Trump speaks about with any sort of clarity and consistency. He doesn't speak about it with nuance or offer discernible, workable solution, but he should get credit for speaking of Islam as a driver of terrorism and violence. Just as banning all Muslims will not solve the issue, neither will the willful refusal to speak of an attacker's motives.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It's been a few pages, but I had to say how right this is. This is the entire problem in a nutshell.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

"Studying and reading and listening gives you a better understanding of the world."

"How is it that two people, who do the same studying and reading and listening, can arrive at different understandings of the world?"

"Duh! Because the one who has the wrong understanding of the world is wrong!"

"So it's not the studying and the reading and the listening that matters?"

"Of course it matters, if you arrive at the right conclusion."

old_tony likes this.
  8. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Because I think it has become clear to them that Hillary isn't going to save them, so why not try the alternative? Maybe Trump works, maybe he doesn't, but there's no way they're picking a status quo candidate with Hillary's background.

I think the better question is why with over 300 million people in your country, someone in the political system couldn't find two candidates that were both qualified and a change of pace from the political elite that people — particularly those in rural, flyover country — feel have alienated them. I'm still stunned these two candidates made it through and I might have been equally stunned for any of the frontrunners this year.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

See also: Poland, free and JFK. vs. Quayle.

10. jr/shotglass

The "let's try this guy, at least he's different" school of thought baffles me when you're talking about the President of the United States.

I'll opt for the "let's try this person, who won't start a nuclear holocaust because someone pissed in their cornflakes" school of thought.

11. jr/shotglass

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Hillary wins the toss and takes the first question. She didn't defer until the second half.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.