1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

FDNY Battalion Chief killed in Bronx explosion.

Don't worry. It wasn't terrorism, just a drug lab.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'll be interested (and terrified) to see the next round of polling. I have always theorized that whenever she is actually in front of the public for something like last night, the Republican rabble-rousing about how she is a demon spawn works against them, because she ends up coming off as a composed, competent person, and not the hellish bitch shrew of the caricature.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Cooking for Trump?

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter. He'll just cite some more made-up "polls" that he "won" and the troglodytes will lap it up as always.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't think Trump was particularly likable last night, and more time was spent on birtherism and his tax returns than on her emails and other failures.

But, I think we're all kidding ourselves if we think we know what will appeal to the percentage of voters who are undecided, or willing to be swayed by anything that happened last night.

We need to wait a few days for polls to know who "won".

8. Dick Whitman

Maybe, but the reaction was equally universally on Romney's side after the first debate in 2012, and the polls predictably moved for him afterward. I'm still impressed Obama pulled out of that death spiral. Romney seemed destined for the presidency that night.

I think a lot of undecideds were seeing that Trump for the first time.

9. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I agree with this. But how could an undecided voter look at last night and see Trump in a better light? Any other election and I think we would agree that his performance was brutal (other than the first 20 mins) but this year who knows?

10. Dick Whitman

After the first 20 minutes, I wasn't freaking out. I was thinking, "OK, I could live with this guy." I was actually relieved. Temporarily, it turned out.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Should have re-filled your drink ...

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.